Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 browning illusion, diamond marquis, truth 2 >

browning illusion, diamond marquis, truth 2

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

browning illusion, diamond marquis, truth 2

Old 11-29-2008, 07:43 PM
Spike

Default browning illusion, diamond marquis, truth 2

hey guys
im leaning toward the illusion or the marquis, was wondering what you guys think or if you shoot or have shot any of these what you think of them. pros/cons. thanks in advance. also great site
thanks
Buck
Old 11-30-2008, 05:53 PM
Spike

Default RE: browning illusion, diamond marquis, truth 2

I have the 2008 Browning Illusion. Nobody talks much about these bows, but I love mine. It has a great wall, and is a very quiet and smooth bow. I was shooting is at a local Gander Mountain and the guy there was impressed with how quiet it was. I also looked at the Marquis at Gander, but I never shot it. The grip felt great in my hand, but I already had my mind set on the Illusion. It doesn't seem like too many people buy Browning bows, but I love mine and haven't had any problems with it. I'd say if your able to, shoot them both and see which one seams to fit you best.
Old 11-30-2008, 06:49 PM
Spike

thanks illusion i am leaning towards the browning, but might bite the bullet and go for a mathews. ive noticed that not too many people talk about the browning bows. i have a browning boss vortex that i have had for about eleven years without any problems with it. illusion, have you had your bow chrono'd? was just wondering if it was as fast as advertised. once again thanks illusion.
Old 11-30-2008, 07:29 PM
Spike

I did have my bow crono'd, and it was not as fast as I hoped. It shot 260fps with my arrows, then the guy at gander had me try a different arrow and it shot 270fps with his arrow. The arrows I shoot are whitetail extreme which are a bit heavier. There is allot of things that effect your bow speed. I shoot a 27" draw which is as short as it gets. I was told that you lose about 10fps every inch you go down. So if you shoot at 28" or 29" you would shoot faster. Your arrows all shoot different. I was pretty suprised the difference in speed my bow had when I tried the arrow the guy gave me. I think it was a beman arrow. I was also told that my muzzy zero effect rest slows my bow down alittle. I'm not sure how though. The bow seams blazing fast to me compared to the old bow I used to shoot. I've ruined my bag target and bought a gander brand block target and I'm starting to get pass throughs on that also. I shoot mine at 70# and I think if I wanted to I could get it up to 300fps. If you take the ibo speed of 326fps which is 70# at 30" with a arrow so light it is ready to snap, it is very misleading. Peep sights, string leaches, vibration dampeners all slow the fps down.When they testtheir bow they have none of thaton them. Then if you don't shoot 70# it's slower. Even my zero effect rest slows it down some I guess.
Old 11-30-2008, 08:05 PM

PSE makes the Browning bows, so it's a quality product. I tried a lot of bows before buying mine, and I haven't found a quieter, smoother, or more comfortable bow than my PSE, and I see no reason the Brownings should be any different. Check out the Archery Research bows, too. PSE makes them, as well, and you can often find a pretty good deal on them. I really like the AR riser. Mathews makes a quality bow, as does Bowtech/Diamond, but after comparing both against my PSE, the PSE is quieter and faster.
Old 11-30-2008, 10:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

I shoot the Diamond Marquis, And I love this bow, Smooth draw, nice valley, nearly shock free, fast, super quiet. This bow shoots great and it feels really good when I shoot it.
Old 12-01-2008, 04:40 PM

I have the Diamond Marquis and love it, fast and quiet. Great bow. Shoot them all and you will find the one you like.