Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Homemade Blind (I have an idea) >

Homemade Blind (I have an idea)

Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Homemade Blind (I have an idea)

Old 11-12-2008, 02:30 PM
Spike

Default Homemade Blind (I have an idea)

Hey everyone,

I have been thinking all sorts of ideas on making a homemade turkey hunting blind and i just came up with a idea. I'm wondering if anyone could tell me if they think it would be a good idea. I will begin by telling you how I am going to make it:

I am going to take (4) 2x4's and nail them together in the shape of a box, then i took a heavy duty cloth and spray painted it black (that's the only color i had) and i am going to nail it the whole way around the 2x4 box shaped (which will be the front and both right and left sides of the box... the cloth will hang down from the 2x4's, Then i am going to put rope on one side of it like as a backpack straps to carry it in and out of the woods or where ever, Then i'm still deciding either to put 2 round holed hooks in the right and left back side andand put a tie down from one hook then around the tree to the other hook on the other side and leave it there, if i don't nail it and use the tie down it will be like a portable turkey hunting or predator hunting blind. But all i need is some help on deciding how to make a seat attached to it to make it portable too instead of nailing one to the tree.

So say you want to go turkey hunting today, all you would have to do is put all your camo on and grad the blind throw it over your back like a back pack and grab your tie down and head into the woods, find the tree that you want to place it on and take it off your back and hold it up to the tree about the height you want it (just so you can see over it) and grab your tie down, put it in one of the hook and help it around the tree and hook it in the other one and pull the strap really tight (but you have to remeber to hold the blind as you are doing it) and lift up the cloth and you would have a seat or something in it and sit on down and let the birds come gobbling down the woods, let the coyote's come running in! and I'm sure you will really enjoy this blind if you make one to. I already spray painted my cloth today and Friday I am going to start nailing together the 2x4's and makin my blind! Everyone who reads this please give me your opinion on this blind and how you will think i do in it! I'll put pics up one i make it and get it set up for the first time! It may look a little Redneckish but i don't really care it's easy to make and saves you about $150.00! Thanks for reading my post everyone! I'll be readin everyone else!

If anyne didn't know I'm only 13 years old and in the 8th grade and im sure there's not alot of other 13 year olds who would think of this kind of blind them self's either! Thank's again everyone for reading!