Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Octane Quiver Whats Up?! >

Octane Quiver Whats Up?!

Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Octane Quiver Whats Up?!

Old 11-09-2008, 05:48 PM

Default Octane Quiver Whats Up?!

Okay someone please explain to me the use of having a quiver that cost $100+. I know bowtech is the manufacturer and the only advantage that this thing offers is the magnetic hood that keep ur broadheads in place. Is paying this kind of money truly worth a benjamin plus?
Old 11-09-2008, 08:53 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Octane Quiver Whats Up?!

There isnt one. I thought about buying one, because lets face it they are pretty cool. But everytime I stick my arrows in my $30.00 Bohning, I think...wow this works just as good.
Old 11-10-2008, 06:53 AM
Fork Horn

i dont get those either, but the hostage rest looks pretty nice. id rather spend the 100+ on somethin that makes my bow shoot better.
Old 11-10-2008, 09:16 PM
Fork Horn

my buddy bought it and i thought he was crazy. but once i realized how nice those magnets are they are pretty sweet. dont have to worry bout expandables goin off, dulling blades,etc.
Old 11-10-2008, 11:12 PM
Boone & Crockett

I guess it depends on what you want in a quiver and what you are willing to pay for.

Do you want to keep puting your blades inside foam that not only dulls your broadheads but soaks up moisture and over time will rust your blades or do you want one that does not touch the blades at all and keeps them razor sharp?

Do you want a quiver that is attach and detach in one position only or do you want one that is adjustable for the length of your arrows, balance of your bow, angle of the quiver, front to back, side to side, etc... etc...

Do you want on that is made of plastic or fully machined aluminum and will last a lifetime?
Old 11-11-2008, 06:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

The Octane has been the most quiet quiver in my opinion to remove and reattach to my bow. It's also very easy to reattach in the dark in a very short space of time without making any noise.
The feature of having severalarrows that are 'easily' removable, just heldby the magnet (while in the stand) is such a relief.
I know the price is indeed scary, but I think it's a quiver you'll own for a very long time and as Bigbulls mentioned it all'aluminum'.
Old 11-11-2008, 07:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

The Octane Quiver is much more than Magnets!

Machined aluminum, and quality ozzes throughout the quiver, adjustability is second to none. This quiver will easily outlast any quiver on the market.

There are lots of ways to get to town. You can walk or ride in style. I prefer to ride in style!![8D]

Hats off to BowTech for finally making a High Quality Quiver!! It is something I have wanted them to do for years.

Dan
Old 11-11-2008, 08:53 AM

that quiver may be nice but they can take that hostage pro arrow rest and pu that thing back on the drawing board
Old 11-11-2008, 08:19 PM
Boone & Crockett

they can take that hostage pro arrow rest and pu that thing back on the drawing board
I have to disagree. I love my hostage pro. Since I started actually using one I have reccomended it more than any other rest I sell.
Old 11-11-2008, 08:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bigbulls

they can take that hostage pro arrow rest and pu that thing back on the drawing board
I have to disagree. I love my hostage pro. Since I started actually using one I have reccomended it more than any other rest I sell.
X2 bigbulls I think the Hostage Pro is a great full capture rest.

I still do prefer a dropaway. The Limb Driver in particular, but I do have a Hostage Pro setup on one bow and it is very nice indeed

Dan

Quick Reply: Octane Quiver Whats Up?!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.