Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Alpha Max wow!!!

Old 11-14-2008, 02:44 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Alpha Max wow!!!

I wouldnt put bowtech in the performance/value catagory. thats what diamond is for. yet a kitted out iceman will run you a grand. so not quite cheap....
the admiral, bowtechs flagship bow, will set you back 769
the apha max, hoyts flagship bow will set you back....whaddya know...769

I would kinda put em both in the lexus range.

Old 11-14-2008, 03:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

^ i completely agree. hoyt mathews bt etc.. they are all lexus's
Old 11-14-2008, 03:17 PM

Heh

Looks like I live in the past a little... Wasn't that far to travel back in the past to see what I ment tho .
Admiral/Alfamax/Iceman = Lexus class hunter bows... Just wondering how far can Hoyt sell theyr "fosille fuel engine" toward the alternatives .
Old 11-14-2008, 03:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

im sure they will still sell their fair share. it might be fossile but it works and its reliable. noone can take that away from hoyt.
Derek
Old 11-14-2008, 10:39 PM
Fork Horn

maybe its just me but i shot the alphamax 32 and the admiral tonight and it totally made my decision... there isnt a bow out there right now as quite and with less shock than the bt center pivots. that being said, the a-max was an awsome bow and felt rock solid with good speed, but the feel just wasnt the same imo.
Old 11-14-2008, 10:40 PM
Fork Horn

quiet*
Old 11-15-2008, 05:57 PM
Fork Horn

hoyt will continue to do ok on the competition front, that is their main deal
until bowtech really starts hammering that out, which it appears they have started to do this year.
the center pivots are fairly amazing. at this point it is truly a game of catchup for everyone else
Old 11-18-2008, 09:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

First let me say that I am a Bowtech fan also. I have owned 2 SC Patriots, a Dually Patriot, An Equalizer, an Allegiance and now a Guardian ( couple Mathews also along the way ). I shot both the Admiral and the Alphamax 32 this week. I have to admit that I preferred the draw on the Hoyt over the BT. In fact I also shot a Hoyt superhawk and frankly felt it was nicer than all the high priced bows !!!!! If I can get my mind around the slow speed of that bow I might pick one up as a backup to my Guardian. At this point the Admiral isn't enough to make me switch from the Guardian but the soon to be released Diamond Iceman might change that.
Old 11-19-2008, 04:55 PM
Fork Horn

I played with an alphamax this weekend. very nice bow. I didnt like the cable clearance ond the grip too much. It was Very very light tho and shot well.

Old 08-05-2009, 11:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Dont know what to say but being a Mathews guy for many a yr I went and shot the ALPHAMAX today and wow I liked it so much Iam buying one(32ata) and putting the rubber grip on it,IMHO it had a nicer draw then my Drenlin and the grip felt real close to the same,now add a few dozen FMJ's,my Ultra-Rest HD pro and my AXCEL Armortech sight and I think I got me another top notch huntin bow...

Quick Reply: Alpha Max wow!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.