Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 2009 Bowtech String Stop? >

2009 Bowtech String Stop?

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

2009 Bowtech String Stop?

Old 11-06-2008, 02:42 PM

Default 2009 Bowtech String Stop?

As you can see from my signature, I have a 2008 Bowtech 82nd Airborne. I was looking at the new bows online and saw that the string stop has been moved down by the stabilizer for the 2009 models. I know that I can take off the string stop that is on there right now and screw on in down by the stabilizer. I was wondering if I could order a 2009 82nd airborne string stop and screw it into my 2008. I did not see one on their site. Also, would I need a conversion kit?
Old 11-06-2008, 08:24 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: 2009 Bowtech String Stop?

I don't have an 09 airborn in the shop but according to BT's web site it uses the carbon rod string stop although their picture looks like the regular aluminum rod string stop. If it is the carbon rod then no you can not adapt it to the bow. The riser must be machined to accept the carbonrod. If it is theregular rod thenI believe it will screwinto the steel bushing in the riser.

But there are a number of aftermarket string stops that you can use on your bow that are readily available in most archery shops. I stock the String Tamers by duravane in the shop.
Old 11-06-2008, 08:28 PM

I called Bowtech and they said that they are working on making an adapter for 2008's. Now I know why that would need one. That makes sense. Thanks.
Old 11-08-2008, 10:40 AM
Typical Buck

I have a 82nd with a standard stringsuppressor on, changed the rubber with a bowjax stopper and I have a MeanV suppressor screwed in at stablizer level.
You ask MeanV, he's a regular on HNI or just look at his website Meanvarchery.com

The string hits the MeanV first so less noise and less shock.

F.
Old 11-08-2008, 05:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

I make a MeanV Suppressor that will fit the 08's

Here's one on my 08 Predator Airborne 82nd.

Dan

Old 11-08-2008, 05:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

Also replacement rubber for the 08 shortstop is available on my website.

Dan

Old 11-10-2008, 09:13 PM

Meanv2.....I see that you are a BT Corp Advis staff member and was wondering if you could help me get some parts for my 2000-2001 T29. I need a new string and cable along with new rubbercusions that are in the limb pockets, the ones that goon the sides of the limbs?String lengthshould be80 5/8" cable is 31 3/4". I was told in one of the other forums to contact BT directly and they would help me out. I've emailed them 2 times and haven't heard anything back from them at all. I really want to get my bow set back up and do some hog hunting before I go to Iraq for a year. Any help you can provide in locating/procurring the parts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Mac
Old 11-11-2008, 05:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Mac T29

Meanv2.....I see that you are a BT Corp Advis staff member and was wondering if you could help me get some parts for my 2000-2001 T29. I need a new string and cable along with new rubbercusions that are in the limb pockets, the ones that goon the sides of the limbs?String lengthshould be80 5/8" cable is 31 3/4". I was told in one of the other forums to contact BT directly and they would help me out. I've emailed them 2 times and haven't heard anything back from them at all. I really want to get my bow set back up and do some hog hunting before I go to Iraq for a year. Any help you can provide in locating/procurring the parts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Mac
PM BowTech_Shooter

He can get you headed the right direction.

Dan
Old 11-11-2008, 07:59 PM

What camo patterns is the MeanV String Suppressor made in? Does it come in black? What advantages does it have over other string suppressors?
Old 11-11-2008, 08:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Black Stick

What camo patterns is the MeanV String Suppressor made in? Does it come in black? What advantages does it have over other string suppressors?
It comes in Black as well as all the 08 BowTech camos. The reviews on the MeanV speak for themselves. They are simple and they work. We also have a couple of new models coming soon. Nothing Earth shattering, but just improving slightly on an alreadysolid product.

Dan

Quick Reply: 2009 Bowtech String Stop?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.