Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

1 pin sights pros/cons

Old 11-04-2008, 12:18 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: 1 pin sights pros/cons

I've never seen the Kingsway Triad in person either, just saw it online, it's just like the HHA sight but there is a bar that comes off the sight with a finger loop and at full draw, you can adjust the sight to the desired yardage. It looks kind of chinsy in the picture though but since I have not seen it in person,Ican't say for sure.
Old 11-04-2008, 01:27 PM

I can see a lot of problems with that design, such as , buck fever and not being able to adjust it to the right spot.
Old 11-04-2008, 01:51 PM
Fork Horn

Has anyone used this sight by Impact Archery? I would love feedback from anyone whose used it.

Click for larger view

NI-205 Digi-Draw Programming Instructions

Step 1 Mount sight to bow and adjust windage (center shot)

Step 2 Turn sight on by holding red button 6 seconds.

Step 3 Adjust knob to 10 yard confirmed factory setting. Sight in the 10 yard pin at 10 yards by moving the entire sight up or down.

Step 4 Move digital readout to 20 yard setting, which is in the Unconfirmed Mode. (Initial programming must be set in sequence, 20, 30, 40, 50, etc.).

Step 5 Hold down red button 3 seconds until the desired yardage flashes fast (every ½ second) putting the yardage in the Setting Mode. Then shoot and adjust the pin at the desired yardage by moving the pin up or down by rotating the knob at the end of the arm (the readout should not change). After sighting the desired yardage, hold the red button for 3 seconds to confirm that setting. The desired yardage will stop flashing and this will complete the setting for that yardage. Note: If you hold the red button for 6 seconds the unit will shut off and you will have to reset your last setting.

Step 6 Move the pin to the 30, 40, 50, etc and repeat step 5 using the desired yardage (30, 40, 50, etc).

NI-205 Digi Draw Read Out Functions

Unconfirmed Mode 3 Seconds On-1 Second Off (desired yardage is not set)

Setting Mode ½ Second On-1/2 Second Off (desired yardage is being set)

Confirmed Mode Continuous On (desired yardage is set)

Rules of Operation

The distance between confirmed settings or pin gap, must increase with each setting. Example: the pin gap between 20 & 30 yards will be less that the pin gap for 30 to 40. If you try to set the pin gap less than the distance between the previous setting for the second time, the sight will question all settings therefore putting all settings into the “Unconfirmed Mode” meaning that you will have to confirm all prior settings.

Note: It is a good practice to mark the “mylar tape” during programming

If at any time a confirmed setting needs to be adjusted, move the pin to the desired setting (10, 20, 30, etc), hold the red button for 3 seconds to place in the (unconfirmed mode) then follow Step 4 to change the desired setting.
This product has a 2 year warranty for defects and workmanship with proof of purchase. Any tampering or modification to the sight will void warranty.

sight? Impact Archery digital windage?
Old 11-04-2008, 01:56 PM
Fork Horn

[align=center]Here is the Kingsway sight picture too. Seems to have a hind sight on it? That plastic arms looks chinsy though right?[/align]
Old 11-04-2008, 03:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

As cool looking as the sight from impact archery is,the fact that it's electronic and that would make ANY game harvested with it inadmissable for pope & young recordbooks kills it for me. I might be interested in the kingsway model however IF it comes without the rear sight and made of all (most) steel construction. Heck-might be interested in it anyway. I'll have to check them out. Neil