Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

muzzy vs. slick-trick

Old 10-20-2008, 12:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default muzzy vs. slick-trick

Anybody,

I have been shooting mechanicals for several years. I am not completely satisfied with any of them, although I have tried several different brands. I was thinking of shooting muzzys but I have heard alot of good about the slick-tricks. My question is since slick-tricks are four blade, does it make any difference that my arrows are three-fletched? Also does anyone have an opinion as to whether there is any difference in the muzzy or muzzy mx3s. Any advice would be appreciated.

Blessings.....Pastorjim
Old 10-20-2008, 01:38 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: muzzy vs. slick-trick

Either is a great head. I love both. You can't go wrong with either. If you are shooting them through a slow bow, like a trad bow, go with as few blades as possible. I shot two blade heads with my longbows and recurves. If you are shooting a compound, three or four blades is no difference. Muzzy has a four blade and slick tricks has a three blade, you can get either from eithercompany. Only concern is, Muzzy is much easier to find. Fletching will not effect a two, three, or four blade, as long as the bow and arrow are both in tune.
Old 10-20-2008, 01:39 PM
Dominant Buck

Oh yea, a general rule with the cutting size, go bigger with slower. Faster bows like a more compact head, slower bows do great with bigger heads. All relative to what you are trying to achieve.
Old 10-20-2008, 02:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

I shot the Muzzy four blade for years, but the last two years I've been trying to branch out into something new. Last year I used Rage, and it worked, but not like I had hoped from all the hype. So early on this year I went back to the Muzzy, and I'm much more satisfied with them rather than the Rage.

However, I bought a few Slick Trick 4 bladed broadheads, and they fly better out of my bow and they are much easier to resharpen. With the Muzzy's I always ended up just buying the replacement blades after they got dull because I could never get them hair shaving sharp with any of my stones, but with the Slick Tricks it just takes a few swipes with the diamond stone to get them good as new again. So for me, better flight and easier to get them back into service after they have been shot makes for a better broadhead for my set up. Both are great broadheads though.

To answer your question, no, it doesn't matter that you're arrows have three vanes. Not too many people use anything else.

Old 10-20-2008, 06:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

I use the Muzzys and after every animal shot I just replace the blades with new ones. They are cheap enough I am not one to be sharpening broadheads. So in that aspect I would go with the Muzzys unless you are a sharpener.
Old 10-20-2008, 06:34 PM
Typical Buck

Been shooting 100 grain Slicktricks for 2 years now and love them. Use both the 1"standards and 1 1/8" andboth fly like dartsfrom my 62lb Mathews Switchback XT setup. Shooting Goldtip 5575's/Blazers in 3 vane configuration and made no adjustment from my fieldpoints. My processor was amazed at the damage they did on 4 deer I have taken to him over the past two seasons,and he now shoots them.
Old 10-20-2008, 08:57 PM

I've hunted with both, I prefer the ST for accuracy / ease of tuneand blood trail.
Old 10-22-2008, 03:57 PM

My standard slick tricks fire great, just like field tips. I did not have to tune the bow at all. I like that they have four blades and are ultra sharp but I am a little worried about their size, they seem a little small but I have heard nothing but great things about the performance.
Old 10-24-2008, 08:48 PM
Typical Buck

Both heads will do fine, I will agree that the ST's are much easier to tune, and are much more durable, blades are thicker.
Old 10-24-2008, 09:35 PM
Fork Horn

used both ..muzzy best design and totally deadly i love them..but after using the slick tricks
this year..im sold...they fly better...almost field point accurate.

Quick Reply: muzzy vs. slick-trick

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.