Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Rocket steelheads?

Old 10-06-2008, 05:22 PM
Fork Horn

Default Rocket steelheads?

Anyone have any experience with the rocket steelhead expandables? i'm thinking about trying them and could use someopinions on them or comments...........
Old 10-06-2008, 07:48 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Rocket steelheads?

I have used them in the past and if I were to use mechanicals instead of slick tricks they would be my very first choice in mechanicals.
Old 10-06-2008, 08:00 PM
Fork Horn

i was looking at pics of them in cabelas, do they use rubber bands or o rings and how often do u have to replace them. i 'm not up on this mechanical stuff but i would like to try them
Old 10-07-2008, 03:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

They are very good mechanical heads. They do use a rubber band to hold the blades closed and you replace the blades via a set screw at the base of each blade. I still keep a few around for when I really need or want a mechanical head.
Old 10-07-2008, 08:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

I just read a complete review of all mechanicals in one of the mags I receive monthly... and they were all compared to the Steelhead as the "standard of measure"; it's an excellent head and has taken thousands and thousands of animals, including a couple for me.
Old 10-07-2008, 09:25 AM
Boone & Crockett

Same here. I have been using them for 6 or 7 years without a single complaint. Love 'em and plan on using them this year as well.

5shot,

How you been buddy? I haven't seen you in ages. You still running the review website?
Old 10-07-2008, 05:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

I use them and love them. They fly just like your field tip and penetrate very well. I shot deer last year with 100 grain steeleheads, one was a double lung pass through at 20 yards, she didnt go 15 yards. The other was a real nice 8 point, i pushed the shot a bit further front then i wanted, the steelhead pentrated shoulder and he went down at 45 yards. I have seen some people complaining this year that the package they bought the blades are not opening all the way back, i think it was an issue where the small screw is located near the base of the broadhead. I just bought a new pack last saturday and double checked, i had no issue with mine. Just something to check if you decide to buy em.
Old 10-07-2008, 05:30 PM
Fork Horn

how often do u have to replace the rubberbands on these expandables and if often where can i buy them, like i said earlier im new to the mechanical game
Old 10-07-2008, 09:41 PM
Boone & Crockett

Replace the rubber band if it is broke or about to break. They are nothing more than the rubber bands that you put on braces. You can order them in 5000 packs for about $23 on line or just go to the dentists office and get some.
Old 10-08-2008, 03:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

PA, I have been around just don't have as much time to post as I used to. The website is still up and running and I have been staying busy with it. How you been? hope your season is going well so far.

Quick Reply: Rocket steelheads?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.