Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

PSE X-Force

Old 10-03-2008, 10:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default PSE X-Force

I've been putting money away to buy a new bow after this season and have always been a PSE guy. I've heard nothing but great things about the PSE X-Force. So, if anyone uses this bow, could you please tell me a little about it, how it shoots and everything? And if its worth the money. I'd appreciate it. Thanks.
Old 10-04-2008, 12:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: PSE X-Force

A pro guy i shoot with shoots an xforce and an x7 and he loves them both. he shoots good with them and likes them both alot. they are FAST!!! too. he was shooting like 305ish at 52#
Old 10-04-2008, 06:16 AM

I bought an X Force and liked it enough to buy another one.
Fast, quiet, minimal handshock.
I've owned about 18 different bows, the X Force ismy favorite.

Old 10-05-2008, 06:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have the X-Force Dream Season that has 7"brace height and i love it , no hand shock at all and smooth as silk .
Old 10-05-2008, 07:39 PM

Man, I'm glad someone asked this question, so I could extol the virtues of the XForce. I really like this bow. It's super fast. I have the XForce TS (28" axle to axle). It's not quite as fast as the Dream Season, which I think is rated at 348 IBO (this one is rated at 330), but I don't think anyone ever gets advertised IBO speed with actual hunting arrows. I'm getting (average) 308.2 fps, with a Trophy Ridge 400 Blast arrow (Predator vanes) and 100gr. field point. Bow is set at 67 pounds. Thing is, it's very smooth, damn near silent (the guy at the bow shop couldn't get over how quiet it was...he kept saying the arrow striking the target was deafening in comparison to the shot), and just plain fun to shoot. I'm NOT a PSE guy...frankly, I don' t have any real brand loyalty. I just like stuff that works. This bow looks cool, shoots great, and has probably earned a bit of brand loyalty from me. I like the fact that the back wall is impenetrable. It's not an easy bow to shoot well, due to the short axle length, but when it breaks over, it just stops. No give, no mushiness, just solid anchoring, which makes up a bit for the short axle. Additionally, it balances in the hand better than any bow I've ever shot (and I'm admittedly not an expert...I've owned 3 bows; a Pearson Spoiler, a Parker Wildfire XP, and this one, although I tried out a ton of bows before buying this one). I don't know about the customer service from PSE, since I haven't needed it. The bow shop I bought it from isn't anything to write home about.

I'll reiterate what was said before...no hand shock or vibration at all. I'm pretty much using a stock bow, though, although mine did come with some brand of stabilizer (not sure what kind, but probably Vibracheck) and string leeches. It shoots harder than any other bow I've encountered, as well. My friend shoots a Mathews Switchback at the same poundage, and mine consistently out-penetrates his in 3D targets. Quieter, too (but his is an '06 Switchback and mine is an '08 XForce).

You'll love this bow if you shoot it. Thank God for Pete Shepley's return.
Old 10-07-2008, 11:51 AM
Fork Horn

I've been thinking about getting one of these bows just to play around withfor 3-d, my concern is withthe yoke system coupled with the twin cams, have any of you noticed that this bow goes out of tune easilyuntil the bow string is completely settled in?

I've heard so many good things about this bow which is strange to hear about a PSE product, it's been a long time coming.
Old 10-07-2008, 12:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Dopler

I've been thinking about getting one of these bows just to play around withfor 3-d, my concern is withthe yoke system coupled with the twin cams, have any of you noticed that this bow goes out of tune easilyuntil the bow string is completely settled in?

I've heard so many good things about this bow which is strange to hear about a PSE product, it's been a long time coming.
Strange to hear about a PSE product??? Almost every bow I've shot has been a PSE and EVERY one has been a great product...a very great product.
Old 10-07-2008, 01:57 PM
Spike

PSE is garbage, shoot a Mathews.
Old 10-07-2008, 04:15 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: monster6

PSE is garbage, shoot a Mathews.
What is this based off of. Did you used to shoot PSE and if so which ones?
Old 10-10-2008, 12:14 AM

If you are going to get an X-Force, wait for the '09. I shot the new X-Force SS bow today (only one the shop had) and I was very impressed with the feel of the bow. I can't say it was an apples to apples comparison (because it was the SS and not the Dream Season which I want to try), but the shop owners told me the feel is pretty much the same on all of them because they all have the same cams. Anyway, my complaints on the old X-Force was the lack of valley and the letoff (in defense of the bow, I only had it for about a week and the draw length was probably too long). The new X-Forces now have a valley, better letoff, and what appears to be a more accurate draw length. The bow feels so much more comfortable to hold.

I also shot the new Bowtechs as well. They are an improvement over the previous center pivots IMO with a better back wall and letoff. I didn't feel any vibration, but to me the Guardian I had still seemed more quiet. They will definitely be solid bows this year. That being said, they didn't overwhelm me enough to make me want to switch from my current setups (see signature). However, I think the new PSE's could. The SS I shot didn't have any vibration, and noise level felt pretty close to the Bowtechs IMO. With the new feel of the PSE's and added bonus of speed, it would be hard to pass on the new X-Force. I know I'm saving up for one right now.

Quick Reply: PSE X-Force

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.