Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 remember any good marketing flops? >

remember any good marketing flops?

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

remember any good marketing flops?

Old 10-04-2008, 10:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: remember any good marketing flops?

ORIGINAL: BTM

I sure hope that lighted nocks DON'T fade away. I'll never hunt without them again! Great for spotting your hits.
I've never used them for hunting but I hope they do stay around and improve in design. They are great for seeing your hits and besides that they just look flat out neat!
Old 10-05-2008, 06:17 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Wiggy

I sure hope that lighted nocks DON'T fade away. I'll never hunt without them again! Great for spotting your hits.
I've never used them for hunting but I hope they do stay around and improve in design. They are great for seeing your hits and besides that they just look flat out neat!
I still joke about these. Seems like they are being used by a bunch of folks. I could see how they would be useful in low light conditions to judge where you hit. Are there any other uses for them? Maybe my statement was made with lack of education.
Old 10-05-2008, 06:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well, there's that and it helps you to find your arrows if you miss or have a pass through shot. This will be even more critical when FOBs catch on, because after your arrow passes through the deer the FOB falls off and you won't have any colored fletching to help you find your arrow.
Old 10-05-2008, 08:03 PM
Boone & Crockett

Yeah, but so will that lighted nock.

Just try finding your arrow then if you didn'tthink ahead andwrap your arowsor use some reflective tape right on the end of the arrow in front of the FOB.
Old 10-07-2008, 03:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Butt-out anyone???
Old 10-09-2008, 09:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

Now that I know how to make my own, I don't have to worry about ever being without them again!
Old 10-10-2008, 02:45 PM
Fork Horn

Lighted nocks are the bomb! Prolly never hunt without them again!!!!!
Old 12-19-2009, 03:48 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by kodiakhuntmaster

These are two from my collection. The one on the left I think is what KY Clint was talking about, it uses razor blades, and has four blades that lock together with two "O ring" looking things. As for the one on the right, I have no idea who made it. It has 5 blades, and the section that the blades are attached to is seperate from the center piece with the threads. Theory was that as your arrow was spinning in flight, the blades would remain stationary, and thus your arrow wouldn't plane left or right. Kind of the opposet of what Crimson Talon broadheads do. The threads on this particular broadhead are broken off, from the time that I tested the theory that they don't plane. Obviously, they did.

My grandpa tells me that these 5 and 6 blade broadheads worked really well though.
They were called razorbak 5,they also had a four blade model they were made by NAP. I have a set of four in there plastic case in my collection..they were 142gr. WOW like screwing a boat anchor on your arrow nice case though...LoL
Old 12-19-2009, 03:56 PM
Fork Horn

Anyone remember the York STO which stould for shoot through overdraw I think it was one of,if not the first overdraw bow. I had a freind that had one didn't shoot to bad but was like holding a 4x4 post filled with lead...LOL don't think it lasted very long.
Old 12-19-2009, 11:58 PM
Fork Horn

Default Razor back five

Originally Posted by kodiakhuntmaster

These are two from my collection. The one on the left I think is what KY Clint was talking about, it uses razor blades, and has four blades that lock together with two "O ring" looking things. As for the one on the right, I have no idea who made it. It has 5 blades, and the section that the blades are attached to is seperate from the center piece with the threads. Theory was that as your arrow was spinning in flight, the blades would remain stationary, and thus your arrow wouldn't plane left or right. Kind of the opposet of what Crimson Talon broadheads do. The threads on this particular broadhead are broken off, from the time that I tested the theory that they don't plane. Obviously, they did.

My grandpa tells me that these 5 and 6 blade broadheads worked really well though.
They made a hole for sure. I actually harvested a turkey with one just two years ago. They flat make a large hole and crush bone. Accuracy wasnt the best and 145grns i heavy. Puckett mecinical broadheads just never caught on. Open on impact broadhead.
DB

Quick Reply: remember any good marketing flops?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.