HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting Gear Review (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review-31/)
-   -   remember any good marketing flops? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review/266058-remember-any-good-marketing-flops.html)

kphoto27 12-28-2009 11:27 AM

How about Still Steamin' Buck Semen. Unless bucks
masterbate, how on earth would the semen hit the ground....bad aim ???

DeerandbearhoG 12-31-2009 04:13 AM

when i 1st started hunting, I bought this thing called a "game tracker":rolleye0011: it was supposed to find downed game by picking up heat sources in the woods, and flashing a series of lights when it detected something, i would have gotten more use out of blowing my nose w/ the C note i spent on it:s6: live and learn

oh, another was the peep sight eliminator, which was basically a rear sight for your bow, those didnt catch on too well.

BTM 01-02-2010 06:53 AM

Butt Out

Re. the butt out tool. I thought it might be a gimmick until I tried it. Works great!

3Children 01-02-2010 08:29 AM

How about the string tracking device, that if you shot it once you are suppose to change the spool. One that I tried and still have some is the 6" vane, uh, we went the other way.

kevin1 01-05-2010 04:23 AM

I remember this crazy thing that came out back in the 70s called the Hollis Allen Arrow launching Device, weirdest thing I ever saw. It looked kinda like a bow, but the danged thing had wheels at each end! I knew it would never catch on the first time I saw it... :s4:

thatmichhunter 01-06-2010 06:48 AM

Originally Posted by DeerandbearhoG (Post 3543419)
when i 1st started hunting, I bought this thing called a "game tracker":rolleye0011: it was supposed to find downed game by picking up heat sources in the woods, and flashing a series of lights when it detected something, i would have gotten more use out of blowing my nose w/ the C note i spent on it:s6: live and learn

oh, another was the peep sight eliminator, which was basically a rear sight for your bow, those didnt catch on too well.

I know a couple guys that have lost an eye, that SWEAR by the peep eliminator things

elkmtngear 01-06-2010 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by DeerandbearhoG (Post 3543419)

Been There and done that! Bought one of those about 6 years ago, shot a bull elk, it laid down and died about 100 yards away, and the thing couldn't even pick up the location of it.

Sure is a lotta expensive stuff that amounts to useless garbage out there.