Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

THE BLOCK

Old 09-23-2008, 10:14 PM
Typical Buck

Default THE BLOCK

Just wandering on easy arrow removal ?
I bought a new original style block target ( white with black dots )
They claim easy arrow removale ?
What gives , I have to flip the block on its aide ,place a knee on it and forcfuly pull my arrows out .
Even at 30 yards my arrows go thru to the back of the target .
I,m shooting a Bowtech Tribute 2007 at 65 lbs, with Easton Axis carbon arrows .
Old 09-24-2008, 04:09 AM
Spike

Default RE: THE BLOCK

I have the 4x4 Block. My arrows pull out super easy. It claims that you can shoot broadheads into it. even expandables. NOT!! Shot 1 broadhead in it and couldnt get it out without pulling out a chunk the size of my fist.
Old 09-24-2008, 05:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Every time I pull my broadheads out, I lose a bunch of the stuff also. I'll have a hole all the way thru in no time.
Old 09-24-2008, 06:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have no experience with the Block model that you're using, but I recently picked up their 4X4 Pro. I'm shooting 70# @ 29.5" and I can pull arrows with field points out easily with one hand. I've also had no problems at all with shooting broadheads into it. They come out even more easily.

When I shoot the arrows into my Delta Riverbottom Buck, I have to do the same thing. Lay it down, step on it, and almost give myself a hernia trying to pull the arrows. I pretty much save that target for the longbow. Less penetration, easier arrow removal.

No target is going to take "thousands" of broadhead shots. Eventually, the blades are going to absolutely mulch the inside of any target, especially if you keep shooting at the same spot.
Old 09-24-2008, 07:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

My white block was kinda tough at first also till it got tenderized,now f/p's poke through the back.I shoot b/h's sometime at it but if they go through I inscrew the head and back it out to save the target some.I use the bag most the time just sight in b/h's on block which isn't many shots.I could imagine a new block with broadheads![:@]
Old 09-24-2008, 07:25 AM
Typical Buck

Is the 4x4 block the brown one ?
And the arrows come out real easly one handed ?
Mine the original I bought last fall , The arrows are suppose tpo come out easy . LOL.
If I was shooting aluminum arrows they would end up bent trying to get them out .
Cant believe I fell for the easy arrow removale gimick .
I e-mail the company and they say they may be able to exchange it ?
Havent herd there responce after I sent them the model in a few days .
Old 09-24-2008, 08:38 AM
Typical Buck

The block is overpriced. Yes its a good target and yes the 4x4 has easy arrow removel but the Morrell is the exact same thing for 40-50 bucks less.

Whatever target you use with a broadhead is going to get torn up, thats the nature of the beast, I mean thats what we want our broadheads to do.
Old 09-24-2008, 06:12 PM

on of the best i uses was the new yellowjacket.

i go through about 1 a year though

Old 10-02-2008, 09:47 PM
Typical Buck

Just to update ,
After talking to the field logic rep.
I sent my original block back to them and they sent me a new Block 4x4 and a real nice hat .
Well I ,ll see tommorow how my arrows come out .
Old 10-03-2008, 01:22 PM
Typical Buck

i have the layered yellow foam block and it was the best money Ive ever spent on archery

Quick Reply: THE BLOCK

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.