Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Deer Cane

Old 09-21-2008, 05:17 PM
Spike

Default Deer Cane

I went to a yard sale yesterday andpicked up7 1gal. jugs of "Original Deer Cane Liquid" for $5

I'm interested to hear from those of you who have used this stuff......what is the best way to use it, and does it really attract deer?
Old 09-22-2008, 02:23 PM

Default RE: Deer Cane

When we used to use it we would just dig up a little hole and dump it in there and stir it around.... eventually the hole will just spread out as the deer dig in to it... we used to always have deer come to it, but now we aren't allowed to use it with cwd
Old 09-22-2008, 10:08 PM
Typical Buck

I know people who swear by it but i have not had much success with it. I always go with apple buck jam and i recently tried deer cane liquid because they were out of buck jam, they deer didn't touch it at all. Maybe they are just accustom to certain things. I also recently tried acorn rage and didn't see very good results there either. That stuff is supposed to be magical i thought.
Old 09-23-2008, 12:01 AM
Fork Horn

I've never used the liquid out of the bottle, i have always used the powder and then mixed with a little water. I have had great results with it, i used to use a salt block and then put "Block Topper" on it, the deer don't even pay attention to the block anymore. I started using deer cane late spring early summer and had it in a spot with grass and weeds about a foot deep, now its bare ground and a big hole.
Old 09-23-2008, 12:05 AM
Spike

thanks for the info guys,Hopefully I'll have luck with it.
Old 09-27-2008, 08:53 AM

Well, personally there is no such thing as a magical product for deer .

But also, like acorn rage. If there are no acorns in the areas you hunt. Using this product would not be worth using.

DeerCain, will work only if they find it. Same with apple blocks and licks or other flavors.

Food plots are pretty good to use if you can plant in the area your hunting.
We all know you got to till up the ground. But if you cant do that. Just try throwing seeds that will grow and you still get some plot to grow.