Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Mathews?

Old 09-21-2008, 06:33 AM

Default Mathews?

Been itching for a new bow. I have an entry level Parker Wildfire I got at BassProShops. Was leaning towards the Hoyt, but found that the Mathews Switchback LD will match my 32" draw. I would value some feedback on whether stepping up to a Mathews is worth it. I've read the catalogs and pretty pics from the different catalogs and paid advertisements, but I want some real feedback from the folks who use the product. Thanks in advance for the comments.

Old 09-21-2008, 07:15 AM
MJ1

Default RE: Mathews?

I have a matthews and love it, my buddy has a martin and he loves his bow and has no issues. he spent 300 less than I did. I think all the bow companies make high quality bows. If I were to do it all over again I would of bought a used mathews. the bow I bought for 799 I now can get for 500 bucks
Old 09-21-2008, 06:42 PM
Spike

If you can afford a matthews and you like the bow than buy it. Matthews makes great bow my next bow will be one. what it comes down to is how much are you going to use your bow? You can get some really great bows for less than $800 they will all kill a critter. if you shoot your bow alot all year around then why not have a bow that you love to shooot even if means spending $800 bucks jmo. good luck in your search shoot everything on the market you bow will pick you.
Old 09-21-2008, 06:49 PM
Fork Horn

Mathews and Hoyt seem to be top notch bows. You cant go wrong with either.. I paid 320(ebay) for my 07 Hoyt Vectrix fully loaded(once in a lifetime deal LOL). I love the feel, smoothness, and speed. I was torn between Mathews and Hoyt but went hoyt because of the deal. Either would be a good step up and will last you for a pretty good while

goodluck on your choice
Old 09-21-2008, 07:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

I use aMathews bow. I have not had any problems with it. Have had it since 2004 it is the LX in left hand. The thing that I noticed when I switched from my other bow was smoothness. I likethe roller instead of the slide, does not make any noise when it is pulled back.
Old 09-22-2008, 04:46 AM
Fork Horn

I have used a Switchback for three years and I really like it. Much better than my old Parker. Been looking pretty hard at the DXT but I have to wait to see what they come up with on November 15th. Heard it is going to be something sweet.
Old 09-22-2008, 07:55 AM
Typical Buck

I switched over to shooting Mathews bows about 8 to 9 years ago. I have had a couple and Im currently shooting the Switchback XT. I love there bows and I cant see myself shooting anything else. I have looked at others just to compare, but I shoot Mathews. IMO the best hunting bows out there.
Old 09-22-2008, 02:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

My Outback was awesome. I got an XT last year...even better! Should have nabbed a DXT when I had a chance, but I'm to the point where I want to wait to see what's coming out this winter.
Old 09-22-2008, 07:50 PM
Typical Buck

i've shot the DXT and the Drenalin, both are great shooting bows, but the DXT fits me better. i'm picking up one next monday!!