Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Grim reapor

Old 09-10-2008, 02:35 PM
Spike

Default Grim reapor

Hey guys new to the forum just was wonderin what you guys thought about them im a little iffy on them i love tekan 2s but was just tryin to explore what was out there im iffy because of the over top design on quatering shots any info would be great thanks
Old 09-10-2008, 07:23 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Grim reapor

I just got a pack of Grimm Reapers today from Select Archery. The package says the design of the GR makes quartering shots possible. These double staged cutting edges are SUPER sharp!!
Old 09-10-2008, 07:51 PM
Fork Horn

I'm planning to pick up a set this year as well. Their youtube video's look really cool. Not sure if it is all true but, convinced me.

The amount of deer I shoot at each year....I likely won't be able to test them out for a couple seasons!
Old 09-10-2008, 08:03 PM
Fork Horn

I have only used them on boar, but they worked really well. I wouldnt worry about quartering away type shots, I hit my boar when it was on the run and it went in straight as could be.
Old 09-10-2008, 08:25 PM

Second only to Rage in my mind.

I have taken whitetail, boar and turkey with them and they do serious damage. If you look at any independent test (5SHots Archery), they rate very well. No worries on quartering, as they are designed to have the tip penetrate prior to the blades, and therefore the embedded tip stops the quartering. Can't go wrong.
Old 09-11-2008, 09:57 AM
Spike

I just got grim reapers they look ausome and they are super sharp if you go to there web site there isvids you can watch of all the tests they put them through they even shot them at a 60 degree angle into a pice of 3/4 plie wood JMO but I think they are the best broadhead design for mecanicls on the market
Old 09-11-2008, 12:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

My son has used them for 4 years. In that time he has killed 9 deer with them and only one has fallen out of his sight. The leave massive holes. I have NEVER used them myselfand after leaving some very small holes with somefixed heads on double lung shot where the deer ran anywhere from 150 to 250 yards with both lungs punched I have decided to switch this year. Looking forward to seeing some deer fall this season.
Old 09-11-2008, 07:09 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: wihunter402

My son has used them for 4 years. In that time he has killed 9 deer with them and only one has fallen out of his sight. The leave massive holes. I have NEVER used them myselfand after leaving some very small holes with somefixed heads on double lung shot where the deer ran anywhere from 150 to 250 yards with both lungs punched I have decided to switch this year. Looking forward to seeing some deer fall this season.
Great post!
Old 09-12-2008, 03:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

follow the link to my review of the reapers. You may have to read through the rating page to understand the tests, but it will give you an idea of how they stack up with other heads.
http://www.broadheadtests.com/NEWHEADS.html
As far as quartering shots, for the most part they are not a problem with most mechanicals as long as you don't get really steep and have the bow tuned properly.
Old 09-12-2008, 01:28 PM
Spike

THanks alot on the input guys hopefully we will see tommorow on a deer for the NJ opener

Quick Reply: Grim reapor

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.