Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

broadheads ?????

Old 09-08-2008, 09:00 AM

Default broadheads ?????

i am new to bow hunting and need broadheads that are prefferably fixed blade i was looking at the nap nightmare has anyone used them or have any suggestions.
Old 09-08-2008, 09:05 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: broadheads ?????

Never used NAP. I started with Muzzy some 14 years ago. Havent switched!!! The only thing ive changed is last year i went to the Muzzy MX-3 because they fly better then the orginals out of my bow. Muzzy's have taken down countless deer for me.
Old 09-08-2008, 09:12 AM
Fork Horn

I highly recommend Rocky Mountain Ironheads, especially for a beginner. They fly exactly like field points so you wont have to worry about tuning or re-sighting issues. I have never shot the Nightmare broadheads but I have used thunderheads and always had to adjust from field points. With the ironheads you get accuracy plus penetration andgood blood trails. They are very similar to the NAP nitron.
Old 09-09-2008, 03:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have a website devoted to broadhead testing and Every NAP head I have tested has been good to excellent. The Nightmare is in my opinion the best broadhead NAP has ever made.
Old 09-09-2008, 05:31 AM

5 Shot have you tested the new Smoke broadheadd? looking for an expert opinion
Old 09-09-2008, 01:03 PM

Muzzy 100g 3-blade here. I switched to these after using Thunderheads for a little while. I never liked how the Thunderheads had to be screwed onto the arrow in order for the blades to stay on. I like how the Muzzy blades interlock and then are held together via the screw-on tips. Never felt a need to change from the Muzzy's.

I did try some NAP spitfire mechanical heads once but I absolutely hated them. I've essentially sworn off mechanical heads.

Old 09-10-2008, 03:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nothing on the smoke heads. I will look into getting a pack for testing. I had them on the list last year, but they were not out yet. I am running into the same problem with some of the theads I want to test this year as well.
Old 09-10-2008, 05:33 AM
Fork Horn

I like to use Slick Tricks when I need a fixed head, but Hypershocks get the mechanical nod!!
Old 09-10-2008, 01:22 PM

SLICK TRICKS
Old 09-10-2008, 01:34 PM

Rage kick ass on compound bows...i use the 3 blade

Quick Reply: broadheads ?????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.