Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Tight Point Shuttle T-Lock BH >

Tight Point Shuttle T-Lock BH

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Tight Point Shuttle T-Lock BH

Old 08-17-2008, 05:56 PM

Default Tight Point Shuttle T-Lock BH

After changing a few things with my setup this year and deciding to go with a heavier head, I eventually found myself looking for a new BH. I talked with the local shop owner and some people at the "big box" stores as well and settled on the Tight Point Shuttle T-Lock. I was told that accuracy was top notch, comparable to the ST's which I had shot last season.

I picked up a bow of 125's and broke them out immediately upon returning home. My first impression of the head after taking it out of the package was very positive. It looked and felt very well made, the blades fit tightly into the signature T-channel and each package comes with its own BH wrench - bonus! Overall, quite impressed.

My first shot with the Tight point surprised me to say the least - it passed right through my target right at my point of aim perfectly. I was shooting at two brand new bails of hay at 15yds, the BH hit square in the center of the top bail and again, passed cleanly through. I took another shot to see if it could repeat the performance and was impressed again as it zipped right through at a different spot on the target, still right with accuracy after being slightly damaged in the first shot. This performace was repeated several times after.

I questioned the durability a little after that first shot. Though to be fair, the first pass through on the hay bail hit square on a steel fence post and punched a 3/8" hole in it . The ferrule was a little dulled and one of the blades was about trashed - lucky replacement blades are avail. Accuracy on the other hand was excellent even after it being damaged after the first shot, each shot hit exaclty where I pointed and the two blades that weren't damaged after that first shot were still remarkably sharp after a dozen shots or so.

Overall, I would recommend the Tight Point for it's excellent accuracy and surprising durability after some serious abuse.