Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

MUZZY VR,S SLICK TRICKS

Old 08-12-2008, 10:40 AM
Fork Horn

Default MUZZY VR,S SLICK TRICKS

WHAT BROAD HEAD DO YOU USE?

HAVE YOU SHOT MUZZY OR SLICK TRICKS, IF SO WHAT DO YOU LIKE OR DISLIKE ABOUT THEM? PLEASE TELL WEIGHT OF HEADS AND NAME IN YOU POST. ALSO IF YOU HAVE PICS OF THE WOUND PLEASE POST.

THANKS IN ADVANCE ,
DR KILL
Old 08-12-2008, 04:06 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: MUZZY VR,S SLICK TRICKS

muzzys are great but i would go with the slick tricks myself. They are killer

rick
Old 08-12-2008, 04:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

I shot muzzy 100grain 3 blade heads for years. They kill deer no doubt about that, I just think there bad to the bone saying is pretty much a load of crap. Ive had the furrels bend on shouler blade hits and the blade would mangled on pretty much anything. The slick tricks are by far superior in strength and durability. I just dont like 4 blade heads otherwise I would probably shoot them.
Old 08-12-2008, 07:01 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: passthru79

I shot muzzy 100grain 3 blade heads for years. They kill deer no doubt about that, I just think there bad to the bone saying is pretty much a load of crap. Ive had the furrels bend on shouler blade hits and the blade would mangled on pretty much anything. The slick tricks are by far superior in strength and durability. I just dont like 4 blade heads otherwise I would probably shoot them.
Muzzy's must be bad TO the bone, not bad THROUGH the bone... haha. I have heard lots of good things about them though. I'm using the Slick Trick 100 gr magnums for the first time this year. The last few years I had been using the Wasp Boss SSTs and took several deer and a turkey but I was never impressed with the bloodtrails.
Old 08-12-2008, 07:06 PM
Fork Horn

OK , I SHOOT MUZZY STANDARD NOT THE MX3 I SHOT THE MX3,S AND DID NOT LIKE THE INCLINE IN THE BLADES IN MY O ITS TO STEEP THATS Y I TEND TO SHOOT THE STANDARD , I HAVE HAD ALOT OF PASSTHROUGHS AND SOME THRU BOTH SHOULDERS , NOTHING BUT GOOD THINGS TO SAY ABOUT MUZZY ,
NOW I HAVE BEEN HEARING ALL THE RAVE ABOUT THE SLICK TRICKS AND HOW MUCH BIGGER THE WHOLE IS AND HOW GOOD THEY FLY I THINK I GOT TO TRY TO ATLEAST TARGET SHOOT ONE ,

Old 08-12-2008, 09:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

I used to use Muzzys. I can't say anything bad about them. They do their job. The ferrules can bend when the hit something hard, but they are plenty tough.

I have switched to Slick Trick Magnums for several reasons.

1. All steel ferrule
2. .035 blades
3. The new blades are extremely sharp
4. Slick Tricks are more able to fly like a field point with a slightly out of tune bow, or perhaps an arrow with straight offset fletch.
5. More cutting diameter and 4 blades, which I DO like.

The last buck I shot with the Tricks made it maybe 60 yards from my tree.

All of the heads I have used are 100 gr.
Old 08-13-2008, 04:32 AM

Using the same shafts from the same bow, ST standards flew with field points, Muzzy 4 blade did not.
Old 08-13-2008, 07:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've used Muzzy for years but I've switched to Slick Tricks this year. Pretty much for the reasons others have given. They are really nice broadheads.
Old 08-13-2008, 11:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

I would personally go w/ the ST's over the Muzzys.

Old 08-13-2008, 11:04 PM
Typical Buck

I've killed deer with both heads. I was a die hard muzzy fan, 3 blade 100 grain. I've shot thru both shoulders a few times ( not on purpose). They aretrust worthy head. My pro's for the muzzy are this, the trocar tip is still one of the best tips out there,eventhough they do tend to rust a bit. You will not find atip that destoys bone or shatters it better. The con's, the blades are not tough they tend to bend and break once shot thru a deer, as for the 3 blades I feel that they do not leave a good bloodtrail compared to other heads, even if hit thru the boileroom, why, I measured the cutting diameter on a micrometer, guess what? only 7/8 of an inch not the 1 3/16 as advertised. Also they tend to be a bit tough to sight in without a tuned bow. I also tried the mx-4's bigger bloodtrail due to a true cutting dia. of 1 1/8 but same old muzzy problems, tuning etc. Last year I tried slick tricks 100 gr. 1 1/8 mags, shot 3 deer with them. The pro's very accurate heads, very tough blades, awesome bloodtrails, broadhead can be used more than once. The con's blade angle a bit sharp, but 9 times out of 10 won't matter much. I do not feel that the slick tricks can out penatrate a muzzy thru bone because of the trocar tip. While the slick trick is all steel and not doubt tougher all together, how many of us actually use the same broadhead over again if you have access to a new one in your quiver. All in all both are good, but in my quiver will be the slick tricks, better accuracy , sharper blades and a little less penatration ( just by a smidge). The mx-4's are quite possiabley a close 2nd to the tricks, but each have their down falls. Also note this info was based upon my setup and my experiences testing on 1 inch piece of pressure treated plywood and numerous deer killed with each head, some of which were not the perfect shot. Just some info to pass on.

Quick Reply: MUZZY VR,S SLICK TRICKS

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.