HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting Gear Review (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review-31/)
-   -   Rinehart 18-1 Archery Target (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review/255125-rinehart-18-1-archery-target.html)

radlad31 07-29-2008 07:54 PM

Rinehart 18-1 Archery Target

Has anyone used this yet? I would like to get a target that can do both broadheads and field tips without it being a pain in the butt trying to pull either one out. Most of what I've seen can handle one or the other, but not both, and have read a lot of complaints from people who have used targets that claimed to be able to handle both.

Grandviewer 07-30-2008 10:23 AM

RE: Rinehart 18-1 Archery Target

This takes both fairly well. I have shot it several times with hellrazor fixed blade heads and field points and the material tends to heal it self over. I do have some chunks that have come out of this target from several hits in the same spot with a broadhead. Ido think it will out last most of my block type targets.

radlad31 07-30-2008 01:40 PM

Are both broadheads and field points easy to pull out, or do i need to invest in a pair of vice grips and a set of chains to pull 'em out?

Sooner State Hunter 07-31-2008 07:19 AM

They pull out pretty easy. Like he said, the broadheads will take a small chunk out from time to time, but they do guarantee the target for 1 year against passthru's so shoot away. My only "complaint" would be the yellow paint, it comes off in places after continous shooting, but nothing a spray can couldn't fix

bigbulls 07-31-2008 08:28 AM

My only "complaint" would be the yellow paint, it comes off in places after continous shooting, but nothing a spray can couldn't fix
YEah, that tends to happend whtn you put holes through the paint. ;)

Sooner State Hunter 07-31-2008 10:38 AM

ORIGINAL: bigbulls

My only "complaint" would be the yellow paint, it comes off in places after continous shooting, but nothing a spray can couldn't fix
YEah, that tends to happend whtn you put holes through the paint. ;)
LOL, guess I gave away the fact that I dont always hit the black "bulleye". The paint seems to come off in small sheets though, like it's not adhered real well to the foam

Grandviewer 07-31-2008 11:57 AM

ORIGINAL: radlad31

Are both broadheads and field points easy to pull out, or do i need to invest in a pair of vice grips and a set of chains to pull 'em out?
They can stick and you might need a good arrow grip puller but that's all, no pliers needed.:DSome shafts that have a shiney coating on them and feel slick will pull out pretty easy compared to the shafts with a mate finish.