Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Morrell target

Old 07-26-2008, 05:21 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default Morrell target

I purchashed a Morrell 6 sided target yesterday. Two sides are for broadhead shooting and the other 4 are for field points. I was going to get a Spyder Web target due to the fact of 2 finger arrow removal but decided on the Morrell as it advertized easy arrow removal. I get the thing home and had to stand on top of the target to get the field point arrows out. Not so easy removal in my book. Don't know if the target has to be shoot in or not but I am very unhappy to say the least. Now I'm stuck with a target I don't want and 150 miles from where I bought it. Guess I will call Morrell Monday and complain but don't know what they can really do about it.
Old 07-26-2008, 07:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Morrell target

Sounds like you got the broad head tartget.

They are a pain to get field points out of but then again they are designed for broad heads and removing broad heads is easy.

I have yet to see a target that will allow easy FP and BH removal it's either one or the other.
Old 07-26-2008, 05:46 PM
Boone & Crockett

Nope, shot the field point side.
Old 07-27-2008, 07:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for posting that Rick. I'm trying to find a target for my dad and he has major troubles pulling arrows out of targets.
Old 07-28-2008, 07:41 PM

morrrells six sided is a broadhead only target !!! there is one walmart sell that you shoot field point's one one side ,broadheads in another.. if your going for field point morrell makes them just for that also they have both in a package yellow jacket field point and yellow jacket broadhead target.... the rubber is different in both I have the cube broadhead target and you need a tow truck to get out field points!!1
Old 07-28-2008, 07:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've been thinking about the Yellow Jacket Package. I may just do that. I have a black hole target that isn't too bad either.
Old 07-28-2008, 09:10 PM
Boone & Crockett

Those 6 shooter targets are not all that great of a target for either type of tip IMHO. You would be far better off with a Spyderweb target and aless expensive solid foam broadhead onlytarget like a Compound King from American Whitetail, makers of the cube.

Or, a 18-in-1 from Rinehart for both field tips and broadheads.

morrrells six sided is a broadhead only target !!!
A solid 22" x 22" x 22" target, made for both broadheads and field points and only $74.99? Now that sounds better! The Six Shooter was introduced over 4 years ago and is still going strong.

As it's name clearly states, you can shoot all six sides (6 for broadheads, 4 for field points) and prolong the life of the target simply by shooting every square inch, as opposed to only two sides. It also has an E-Z Tote carrying handle, which makes it totally portable. The Six Shooter has a unique layered design, which separates it from other layered targets. And now, more layers have been installed for heavier use! When you want the best archery targets, buy Morrell. The most trusted name in the target industry!
Old 07-29-2008, 06:03 AM
Boone & Crockett

Bigbulls, that was my original intention but was swayed towards this target for whatever reason. jamaltwyyour wrong plan and simple.

http://morrelltargets.com/details.asp?product=4

Morrell is sending me a new target. They say my target must be an older one and mis labeled. Hats off to them for some good customer service.
Old 07-29-2008, 07:05 AM

I use the yellow jacket bag target for field points, best I've used... very easy removal...just no broadhead shooting
Old 07-29-2008, 08:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rickmur
Morrell is sending me a new target. They say my target must be an older one and mis labeled. Hats off to them for some good customer service.
That right there is impressive IMO.....I just bought the bag target for the home shop, and am looking for an outdoor BH/FP target...Let us know how that one works out when you get it....I am also looking at the 18-1 rhinhart for outdoor shooting...

Quick Reply: Morrell target

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.