Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 What bow for a 8 year old??? >

What bow for a 8 year old???

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

What bow for a 8 year old???

Old 07-13-2008, 09:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default What bow for a 8 year old???

My oldest daughter will be turning 8 in November and I am looking to upgrade her to a little better bow, she has been shooting the little cheapy plastic long bow for the last two years,that is inconsistant to say the least. I have looked at a few but don't have any experience with any of the kids bows. I am looking for a bow that she can grow with for a while without having to change modules and all that non-sense. I would also like it to be able to accept sights a descent rest and so on.So, if you have been there and done that with the kids bow thing, your input and or suggestionsare appreciated....
Old 07-13-2008, 09:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: What bow for a 8 year old???

Genesis (sp)
Old 07-13-2008, 01:10 PM

Have you checked out the bows by Martin. It is a kiddie bow but designed so the arrow don't come off rest. However, if you are looking for another alternative, try the Diamond Edge. My 9 year old nephew has one with a whisker biscuit and he loves it. Glad to see you're getting the little one involved, awsome|!

Justin

Old 07-13-2008, 01:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

The Diamond Edge makes a super little bow package. Draw length range is 18" to 28". They also have a limb swap program where you can change limbs out a couple years down the road for a $50 fee should you want to go up in peak weight. It is available in peak weights of 29#, 40#, & 50#

Definitely not a kiddy bow. She could grow into this bow until she wasfull grown, and hunt along the way

Dan
Old 07-13-2008, 01:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

Humm?? Not sure how that happened

Dan
Old 07-13-2008, 01:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

parker makes some nice bows it was my first bow at 12 when i first started hunting and i was a small kid 12 and i am still small for a 17 year old
[align=left] [/align]
Old 07-13-2008, 05:11 PM

Browning makes some excellent youth bows
Old 07-13-2008, 05:24 PM

[/color] To List of Parker Compounds[/color]

Side-Kick

and the New PINK Side-Kick

Parker was the very first bow company to bring outstanding performance, ergonomic fit, highest quality and precision to the youth and ladies bow market. This bow incorporates a longer riser, Extreme Parallel Limbs and whole new configuration to bring the absolute best performance to youth and ladies, including a whopping 10" of draw length with no bow press needed.

The Grow Up With Parker program ensures this bow will fit the youngest archer for years to come!

Specifications

Riser
Innovative riser provides perfect alignment with the riser, arrow rest and sight pins. Allows for quicker, more precise tuning.

Available in right or left hand.

Limbs
Parallel Limb Technology generates less recoil for hand shock and noise reduction. Power-Tuff composite materials by Gordon are CNC crafted for precise quality and poundages.

Cam
Adjustable dual cams with 10" draw length range. No press needed.

Grip
All weather comfort Grip.

Draw Lengths
18" - 28" with rotating modules (no press needed)

Draw Weights
20-29, 30-40, 40-50 lb. (order by peak weight)

Let Off
80%

Bow Length
31" axle to axle

Mass Weight
3.2 pounds

Brace Height
7 1/4"

String
51"

Buss Cable
32 3/4"

MSRP
$279.95 Bow Only

$339.95 Bow and Outfitter Package w/QS Whisker Biscuit OR QAD Ultra-Rest Hunter

$319.95 Bow and Outfitter Package w/Hostage Rest

$299.95 Bow and Outfitter Package w/TM Style Rest

Outfitter Package Accessories
* Your choice of either a Quick Shot Whisker Biscuit, a QAD Ultra-Rest Hunter Drop Away Arrow Rest, Hostage Arrow Rest OR TM Style Rest.

* Cobra Fiber Optic Pin Sight

* Parker One-Piece Quiver

* Braided Sling

* Angled Peep Sight

* Sims String Leeches

[align=right]Back To The Top [/align]Check out the Parker Website, she really like this huh!

_uacct = "UA-1181337-1";
urchinTracker();

Old 07-13-2008, 05:27 PM

Sorry about the Yellow, I thought I changed it. Just like the Diamond Edge. I shrank the pic but it blew up again. Sorry everybody.

Justin
Old 07-13-2008, 09:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

I purchased a bow for my daughter last year when she turned 8. We went to every store and looked at every kids bow we could find. After comparing everything we ended up with the Diamond Edge. I don't think that either of could be happier. This is a great bow for kids. It is very adjustable and will definetly grow with her for many many years to come. I honestly don't think you will find a better deal or combination for kids!

Quick Reply: What bow for a 8 year old???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.