Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Asat Elite

Old 07-11-2008, 09:40 AM

Default Asat Elite

I though Asat had their Elite line comming out this month or last month. Has anyone seen it at a show yet? Anyone have any pics?
Old 07-11-2008, 09:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Asat Elite

It's probably still on the slow boat from China.
Old 07-11-2008, 09:48 AM

didnt they have some trouble with that a few years ago?
Old 07-11-2008, 09:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

Thats where all the asat gear is now made.

I was a big fan of asat untill they went off shore. I do know they had and still might have trouble with UV brightners in the dye that is being used.

I was also a dealer and waited almost 6 months for a shippment before I cancelled the order and stopped being a dealer.
Old 07-11-2008, 10:06 AM

wow, I know in the camo business alot of these guys are either clothing makers that arnt hunters, or hunters that are new to clothing manufacturing. Setting up quick supply chains is really the key to being sucessfull, and its rough when good idea cant get to market on time or in a 6 month period.
Old 07-12-2008, 11:56 AM
Typical Buck

I'm usually not one to bash a company or product, but after my experience with ASAT this year I have to say to...

I ordered one of their 3d suits. Got it a few days after ordering. Right out of the package I was concerned about the quality b/c they look VERY cheaply made. Upon inspection of the jacket I noticed that the fabric on one of the arms was an entirely different color than the rest of the jacket. Called them, got sent a new jacket. Problem solved.

Excited about our opening week of turkey season and couldn't wait to wear my new suit, I wore it into the turkey woods on opening day. A few hunts later I noticed the fabric was starting to fray and literally come apart. After wearing the suit less than ten times it started to fall apart.

I was also given a heads up from someone else that I should check out the UV on it. When I did, it looked like a neon sign. I contacted ASAT and informed them about the suit falling apart and the UV. The onwer told me that he didn't know the suits were being made with UV dye and he stated "UV dye is one of my main topics I talk about in my seminars". Then he stated that he would just let the customers know that they needed to use UV killer. When I first got my suit in the mail it had a pack of UV killer in the box. At first I thought they were just trying to help the UV killer company by pushing their product, but then I put two and two together. This guy already knew he was sending out UV dyed material.

I sent the suit back for a refund. I will say that I love the ASAT pattern and esp. in the 3d suit it is the best I've ever seen. However, i will not buy anything else from ASAT directly.

Here are the pics of the suit after wearing it less than ten times.

Old 07-12-2008, 05:36 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: StrutNtom

I'm usually not one to bash a company or product, but after my experience with ASAT this year I have to say to...

I ordered one of their 3d suits. Got it a few days after ordering. Right out of the package I was concerned about the quality b/c they look VERY cheaply made. Upon inspection of the jacket I noticed that the fabric on one of the arms was an entirely different color than the rest of the jacket. Called them, got sent a new jacket. Problem solved.

Excited about our opening week of turkey season and couldn't wait to wear my new suit, I wore it into the turkey woods on opening day. A few hunts later I noticed the fabric was starting to fray and literally come apart. After wearing the suit less than ten times it started to fall apart.

I was also given a heads up from someone else that I should check out the UV on it. When I did, it looked like a neon sign. I contacted ASAT and informed them about the suit falling apart and the UV. The onwer told me that he didn't know the suits were being made with UV dye and he stated "UV dye is one of my main topics I talk about in my seminars". Then he stated that he would just let the customers know that they needed to use UV killer. When I first got my suit in the mail it had a pack of UV killer in the box. At first I thought they were just trying to help the UV killer company by pushing their product, but then I put two and two together. This guy already knew he was sending out UV dyed material.

I sent the suit back for a refund. I will say that I love the ASAT pattern and esp. in the 3d suit it is the best I've ever seen. However, i will not buy anything else from ASAT directly.

Here are the pics of the suit after wearing it less than ten times.

Damn shame. I have an ASAT suit that is over 3 yrs old an still doesn't look like that. It is faded somewhat, and frayed just enough to keep it quiet. Nothing like you have there. It definitely took it more than 10 wearings as well. I hope they get it sorted out. What will likely happen is that the pattern will be sold again after being mismanaged. Hopefully someone will get it and make things right if these folks can't.
Old 07-12-2008, 07:17 PM
Spike

What a shame, really effective cammo pattern!