Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Limbdriver rest PROs and CONs >

Limbdriver rest PROs and CONs

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Limbdriver rest PROs and CONs

Old 06-10-2008, 04:29 AM
Fork Horn

Default Limbdriver rest PROs and CONs

I've head a lot of good about this limbdriver rest. I personally have the QAD HD PRO and love it but I want to know what everyone thinks of the limbdriver. I've heard a lot of good....what's wrong with it if anything?
Old 06-10-2008, 05:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Limbdriver rest PROs and CONs

I have one and I'm very happy with it. The only concern I have is that its not full containment. I do a lot of spot and stalk for feral hogs. So far it hasn't been an issue but the thought is always there.
Old 06-10-2008, 06:36 AM
Fork Horn

A few questions, when the arrow is at rest what keeps the arrow from flopping around? I would think you would put a clip on the riser/shelf to hold it down? Won't that make noise when you draw the bow when it pops out?
Old 06-10-2008, 10:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

My Marquis has a shelf that is curved. It does a good job of keeping the arrow on the shelf. I thought about using one of the holders you're talking about and decided against it. I have to really cant the bow to cause the arrow to fall off the rest.
Old 06-10-2008, 10:47 PM
Fork Horn

I have an arrow containment system I got from Dan Horton (meanv) that works very well.

I too have Limbdriver rests on my bows, and I like them a lot. The thing that have the most trouble with the their lack of micro adjustability. That is a REAL nice feature to have on a rest.
Old 06-11-2008, 06:21 PM

I have one on my bow and my son has one on his as well. The only thing I didn't like about mine is that it came with a little plastic button. That thing was forever moving toward my cam and cable and if I didn't watch it would eventually end up rubbing on them. I have since replaced the button with the aluminum bars and problem solved. The rest actually comes with a little rubber piece to mount to the shelf to hold the arrow. The shelf on my bow is concaved so I cant use it but I do know people that do. Look up some of meanv's forums on the rest, he has pics posted of how he has his set up. It really looks like a pretty sweet deal. And see if you can't get in touch with him I am sure he would be glad to offer his input. Good luck.
Old 06-11-2008, 06:56 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks to all, I really appreciate the information.