Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Rage 3 Blade

Old 04-16-2008, 07:02 AM

Default Rage 3 Blade

Late last season I got on the ban wagon and purchased some Rage 3 blade broadheads. Now that Spring turkey season is rolling around I am wondering how they are going to perform on both deer and turkey because all I know about them is that they fly great and penetrate my block target well. Are the 3 blade Rage going to be as flawless on turkey and deer for me as what the 2 blade Rage have been for so many others? Thanks guys!
Old 04-16-2008, 04:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Rage 3 Blade

I'd think they'd be great for Turkeys!!

Dan
Old 04-16-2008, 04:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

i know initially they had a recall on the 3-blade design, and I think that -- in large part -- led to a proliferation of fans of the 2-blade design. I haven't heard anything hardly about the 3-bladed heads, either or pro or con in a long time.

I was in an archery shop a couple weeks ago which had purchased the whole Rage display stand full of product (an attractive-looking marketing piece, by the way), and i noticed that it was probably stocked at a 90/10 ratio of 2-blade to 3-blade heads.
Old 04-16-2008, 06:47 PM
Fork Horn

I shot a Tom with a rage-2 last year and it make quick work of them. It shot a huge entry hole and pushed his breast bone done to his leg bone...dead on his feet and wasn't a pass through but buried the vanes into his chest. I'm definately using it for Turkey again this year.
Old 04-17-2008, 12:25 AM
Fork Horn

Do you guys use the RAGE-2 broadheads even to shoot at the BLOCK TARGET as well? or would you not use the RAGE2 broadheads even to practice..? if we dont practice atleast a shot or two with these broadheads do we just assume and trust they work when we use them in the field??? please comment.. thanks guys
-Chris
Old 04-17-2008, 06:55 AM

ckrimits:

I have shot the Rage 3 blade into the block targets....both its practice broadhead and the actually hunting head to make sure the point of impact were the same and they are dead nuts on the money. Also, to make sure they are going to open I have pushed them through cardboard, computer paper...etc to make sure these things are going to open and they have every time. The only thing I havent done is shot a deer or turkey with them. Hope that helps.
Old 04-17-2008, 09:28 AM
Fork Horn

the cardboard.. good idea..
thanks for input

Old 04-17-2008, 10:08 AM

The cardboard is something that I thought of but only did a few times so I would not dull the blades....so far, after all my teststhey are just as sharp as they were when I bought them. Just another plus to the Rage Broadheads.
Old 04-18-2008, 04:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have reviews of both the 2 and 3 blade heads on my website http://www.broadheadtests.com/NEWHEADS.html
Old 04-21-2008, 04:23 AM

the deer i killed with the 3 blade were purely smoked i am colored blind but with that pass through no problem

Quick Reply: Rage 3 Blade

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.