Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

HHA optimizer sights

Old 04-11-2008, 11:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default HHA optimizer sights

Currently im shooting an extreme rt900 sight with my general. it was cheap looked sturdy, and it is proven to be very good so far. when i bought my bow i bought a half dozen 500(total)gr. fmj arrows. i decided to save them for deer season so i bought a half dozen carbon express arrows for rec. and 3d. im thinking about buying the HHA Optimizer-Lite Ultra 5519 w/Rheo from eders for 162$ that is very cheap considering everywhere else its 200 even on ebay. i want to shoot it with the CX arrows for 3d adn just practicing throughout the year, and use the extreme sight, with the fmj's for deerhunting.
my dilema here is, will swapping out the two effect my shooting any. i like the idea of the one pin from 20-60 yards b/c i love shooting distance for fun. my rt900 has 4 pins for 20-50 and that is plenty for bowhunting. is the hha site worth the money, and is it good quality? thanks for the help guys.
Old 04-11-2008, 12:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: HHA optimizer sights

I love mine... I didn't know what to expect...but I doubt I shoot another multi-pin sight...unless I have to
Old 04-11-2008, 12:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

really. the only real discrepency i have with shooting a one pin is in those situations where you dont have time to adjust or you are drawn on a deer thats moving towards you or away. do you hunt with that setup.
Old 04-11-2008, 01:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

I just got a HHA XL5519 put on my General last weekend. I love it!
Old 04-11-2008, 01:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

I think HHA sights are the best rear sliders out there. I have the Ultra for about $190 including Priority shipping TYD HHA took a big price hike a few weeks back. I'm betting eders is still selling old stock but still that is a good price. I would not expect it to last too long though. We have a complete line of the HHA sights and they are all top notch. The Rheostat pinguard is Sweet!

Dan
Old 04-11-2008, 01:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: drockw

really. the only real discrepency i have with shooting a one pin is in those situations where you dont have time to adjust or you are drawn on a deer thats moving towards you or away. do you hunt with that setup.
If a deer is at a range that needs the sight adjusted and you don't have time to set the sight, then you would be rushing the shot anyway

Dan
Old 04-12-2008, 07:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: drockw

I use the same bow for Target & Hunting.....until I get my new rig set up!
Old 04-12-2008, 07:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

you have a very good point there dan. i could always just set it up at 25 too adn leave it and adjust by guessing. until now ive always shot a one pin anyway, and just adjusted by guestimation.
Old 04-12-2008, 11:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

I put the white strip on mine..I put the slider at the very bottom for 10 yards then marked it off for every 10
Old 04-12-2008, 11:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

They also have the new EZ tapes available, which allows you to sight in 2 yardages and place a computer generated pre-marked tape on.

Very nice, very convenient, & very precise.

Dan

Quick Reply: HHA optimizer sights

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.