Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Aramid Kv arrows??

Old 03-31-2008, 07:21 PM
Fork Horn

Default Aramid Kv arrows??

has anyone shot the new carbon express Aramid KV arrows..they look awesome and the new specs on them makes me wanna get them ....lookin for some feedback on these bad boys
Old 03-31-2008, 07:40 PM

Default RE: Aramid Kv arrows??

I've held them recently look real nice... but to me nothing about there specs are too attractive - spine, straightness, weight etc. But i guess if their tough... Mine are tough enough but w/e Also 190 or so a dozen doesn't look too attractive either[:'(] woops there goes 15 bucks then you have your 10 dollar broadheads 1 arrow finished and fit would come to aroung 28 bucks... ouch that would make missing a whole lot more painful but maybe that will keep you more accurate... if i had the money i'd do it! lol
Old 03-31-2008, 08:03 PM

Yeah, I've shot them. I'm a HUGE CX fan, but......for the money, stick w/ the maxima hunters. These just aren't any better.
Old 03-31-2008, 08:06 PM
Boone & Crockett

I am shooting them and selling them.
So far I am loving them. The seem to be a very consistant and accurate shaft with, IMO, excelent overall weight ratio. Not too heavy but definetly not too light. Mine finished at 30 inches, 3 blazers, and a 125 grain tip weight 465 grains.

I was shooting at 60 yards and forgot to adjust my sight and left it on the 20 yard mark and shot one right into the parking lot. It skipped off the asphaltabout 40 yardsoutand still impacted the target in the "kill zone" of the deer sillouette. It was no worse for wear.

DidI say I forgot to adjust my sight? I mean............. I did that on purpose to test the durability of these new arrows.

I will be honest and say that I did not have to pay for these arrows. Every job has its perks ya know.
In fact, I didn't find them to be any tougher either.
How did you come to this conclusion? Did you conduct any tests to see how tough they were?
Old 04-02-2008, 10:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would love to try these arrows but I just can't swing almost $200 for arrows!!![:'(]
Old 04-03-2008, 01:56 PM

Make sure you get the "new" ones.The first production run was recalled because of Kevlar not laminating to the carbon correctly.The arrows had straightness issues that were terrible.Carbon Express,to their credit,pulled them off the marketright away.
At $200.00 a dozen,I think I'll keep shooting the Maxima Hunters...Bob
Old 04-03-2008, 05:14 PM
Fork Horn

$200 is more than I care to spend on 12 arrows, although they do look like good ones. My Maximas have worked great for me so I'll just stick with them.
Old 04-05-2008, 12:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have them in stock now and shafts are considerably less than $200. I will get around to fletching a dozen for myself, but have not shot them as of yet. I expect them to perform as advertised.

Dan