Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Which new fall away rest should I get???? >

Which new fall away rest should I get????

Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Which new fall away rest should I get????

Old 03-31-2008, 04:52 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Which new fall away rest should I get????

i put the limbdriver on and really like it i put mine on an x force,i had the muzzy zero effect on three different bows and loved em quiet and easy to tune,but the muzzy will not work on the x force or a fred bear truth,i don't think you would have a problem with the limbdriver know matter what ya put it on.if your muzzy is making that much noise and vibration there is a good chance your fletching is hitting your arm before it gets out of the way............Ted
Old 03-31-2008, 07:13 PM
Fork Horn

I would go with the QAD Ultra Rest HD Pro and if you have a fast bow have them put the raise fork that comes in the package. I've had the biscuit, bowtech's version of bushes, and the trophy taker xtreme..It's not even close full containment, quite, flawless on both bows well into the 10,000 shots without a defect. If you have a question their tech support answers right now....I'm not a believer in plastic hence the trophy taker but I am now!!
Old 04-01-2008, 05:17 AM
Typical Buck

So if i am stuck between trophy taker, QAD and Limb Driver what do you think????
Old 04-01-2008, 06:55 AM

I say QAD, but I think the main question you have to ask yourself is "Do I want a full containment rest or not?"
Old 04-01-2008, 02:43 PM
Typical Buck

What are the pros and cons of containment??? Other than the obvious of keeping your arrow "contained"?
Old 04-02-2008, 07:29 AM

Other than the obvious, I think the biggest advantage of a rest like the QAD or Ripcord is that you can lock the launcher in the upright position with your arrow knocked and ready to go. On other rests and even other full containment rests like the Trophy Taker, the prongs only go upright upon drawing the bow. So the arrow floats around on top of the shelf or prongs instead of in the prongs. This can cause noise in itself, and there is the possibility of the arrow even falling off on some certain types of rests. The advantage of the QAD over the Ripcord, is that the prongs will still stay in the upright position if you have to let down on the draw. The Ripcord will let down, and you face the same problem with the arrow sitting on top of the prongs instead of in them.I think the QAD just gives you an extra sense of securitythat I feel most of the others do not. Just myopinion.
Old 04-02-2008, 12:08 PM

I have the QAD Ultra on both of my hunting bows. Completely satisfied.
Old 04-02-2008, 02:00 PM

I went from the Rip Cord ( and didn't really have one complaint with them) to the QAD PRO HD ULTRA and I like these if not better than the Rip Cords. I have them all three of my Mathews bows.
Old 04-02-2008, 03:03 PM

ORIGINAL: bhunter50

What are the pros and cons of containment??? Other than the obvious of keeping your arrow "contained"?
You ask pros and cons. I can give you one hunting experience that I had that made me switch to a full containment rest, and I willNEVER go back to anything else. Years ago I had a standard prong rest on my old bow. Well I had a huge bull elk barreling down on me. Something behind it must have spooked it, so it started heading right in my direction and didn't know I was there. All I heard was what sounded like a tank moving through the woods. I wasn't prepared. I had to drop my rangefinder on the ground and knock an arrow. Needless to say, my heart was pounding and I was in a hurry. So in a rush, I drew the bow back and the arrow just flopped off the side of the rest. The huge bull just ran right by me about 8 yards away. Needless to say, I was PISSED! After that hunt, I installed a Whisker Biscuit and used it for years with no problems and NO WORRIES. I just recently tried the QAD Hunter rest due to full containment, but also the benefit of no fletching contact or damage. My groups instantly tightened up compared to when I used the WB (not that they were bad either). Long story short, a lot of things can happen when you are hunting. I figureI would rather have the security of a fullcontainment rest over one that is not.
Old 04-02-2008, 05:17 PM
Fork Horn

QAD pro on My Katera and it works great but I've heard a lot of good things about the Limbdriver. I just ordered a vapor trail string/cable set from them...we'll see how it goes.

Quick Reply: Which new fall away rest should I get????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.