Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

The General =Love!

Old 03-24-2008, 06:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default The General =Love!

Picked up my general today finally. max 4, whisker biscuit deluxe rest, extreme rt900,trophy ridge adjustable stabalizer. it is an absolutely amazing bow. i honestly couldnt be happier with it. i dont even have the stabalizer on their and it is so perfect. i got my choice between the dxt and the general and after long debate i chose the general. it is so smooth and quiet. my hoyt just didnt compare. im not bashing hoyt, bc mine was an 05. all of the bows i shot were great which made a tough decision for me but im happy with it so far. i would recommend it to anyone. the worst thing about it as far as performance is the draw cycle. the dxt is way smoother. that was where my dilema was but i am a pretty big guy and i figured i could get used to it and i already have. what im not used to is when i shoot, i dont feel anything. when i got it home (the first time i shot it outdoors) it scared theheck outta me b/c i couldnt hardly tell it went off.
btw, i will keep everyone up to date on performance and any kind of flaws i find.
Old 03-24-2008, 09:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: The General =Love!

I Love my General and I have rigged and ready to go after Turkeys.

Do you have the Speed mods or Smooth mods in? Mine came with the Speed mods and I installed the Smooth mods for Turkeys. It's smooth as silk. The Speed and Smooth mod option is almost like having 2 bows in one.

Dan
Old 03-25-2008, 06:39 AM
Typical Buck

Congrats on the General and a smart purchase - you researched and got feedback and in the end went with what felt good, too many people get swayed by others' opinions.
Old 03-25-2008, 11:28 AM
Boone & Crockett

I was thinking the same thing as Dan. When I received my General one of the first things that I was most impressed with was the draw cycle. It was so much smoother than the other binary cam bows I have owned/shot. Yet, I kept reading about all these folks who said it had a tough breakover. It didn't register until a few days later that I had the smooth mods installed on my bows.

I haven't seen a reason to change.

Old 03-25-2008, 07:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

yeah i shot one with the smooth mod and then the speed mod and couldnt tell a whole lot of difference. im already pretty used to the draw with the speed mod'd cam but if i ever shot comp of some kind i would. im still young so i figured id live with it or get used to it. ive shot it about 80 times not with only a rest on it. no sight stabilizer or anything. it is an amazing piece of equipment. i love everything about how it shoots so far. im ready for my sight to get in so i can dial it in. i honestly dont know if i will even put any other kind of noise supression on besides a stabalizer. and that is really just for balance. it is soo quiet. its not super fast or super small, its all about the feel. they built a great bow. its still very short ata, and for how loud it is, its plenty fast, and it is forgiving and feels great. i guess thats why i have it. im sure people say that about their pse nova bows as well and that is just fine. there is a bow for everyone and the general was the one for me. at least for a few years lol!! then it might be the newest matthews or anything. its all about personal preference and feel. just cuz i say its awesome doesnt mean anyone else will even like it. thats why you shoot many bows and think hard about what you need.

and btw, to any of you who are lookin for a new bow or want to be awed, dontpass up on a chanceshoot the general or the guardian. they are both awesome feeling bows.
Old 03-26-2008, 06:08 PM

I love mine too. I am thinking of the smooth mods also just to try them out.
Got my Meanv in and it looks great, just need a little serving on my string so I can shoot it try it out.
Looks hella better then the stock one thanks Dan!!!