Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 All right I need some feedback on Diamond Marquis! >

All right I need some feedback on Diamond Marquis!

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

All right I need some feedback on Diamond Marquis!

Old 03-22-2008, 04:59 PM

Default All right I need some feedback on Diamond Marquis!

Im on Diamonds Pro-Staff and would like some feedback on the Marquis. Personally, I think it will be a while before it has competition. Let me know guys and gals! Thanks! Jason B
Old 03-22-2008, 07:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: All right I need some feedback on Diamond Marquis!

Jason, I have a Marquis and I think it is one of the best single cams currently on the market. There are several on here that like theirs also. Hopefully they will see this thread!!

Dan
Old 03-23-2008, 04:13 AM
Fork Horn

I've had my Marquis since early January. It's probably had roughly 1500 shots through it by now (the last couple of weeks have been busy w/ work, so I've been slacking.) Mine is set up @ 30" and 67#. The draw is extremely smooth - in fact, I'd say flawless. And naturally, when it stops, it stops. I like the 0% possibility for overdraw. It's most definitely the nicest bow I've owned, in 35 years of hunting.

The ShortStop - that's an issue. That's the only bad part I've found about the bow. I just recently replaced it with "an alternative custom built string suppressor" and it shoots just as good, if not slightly better. I joined this forum in order to solicit ideas for solving the Short Stop issue: at the time, someone suggested that the best solution was this eventual replacement, but I was intent on making the factory-provided string suppressor work for me, which I did (since the company offered no help whatsoever, and in fact said they wouldn't). So a week ago, I did the conversion, and am looking forward to the rest of the modifications I have in store for this gem (no pun intended).

I'll gladly be blunt: the bow already has competition. The Marquis is good, but it's hardly a VVS1 or FL diamond. There are many, many great bows on the market today. Competition for the Marquis exists with the Black Ice and the Liberty, as well as the Airbornes and Allegiance, and I'd love to find an Elite Aigil and/or GTO and shoot them - I bet they're wonderful bows, too. And of course, there's the Switchback LD that would fall into a similar-enough-physically grouping to be extemely difficult competition for the Marquis. But competition for the price? take away the other good Diamonds, and then sure, okay. Make the Short Stop a $50 option and drop the base price to $649 and it gets to be even more so.
Old 03-23-2008, 11:05 AM
Fork Horn

Shot the Marquis other week, great bow, really like it. But still looking at couple of other bows to. Friend has Diamond Victory great bow,but discontinued. that's why I'm looking at Diamond Bows.
Old 03-23-2008, 11:25 PM

You might as well get the Allegiance unless you would be comfortable with the Black Ice then you could save yourself some money. If money is not an issue and you don't mind a longer A to A, then you might as well get one of the Airbornes as they are similar in riser style to the Marquis only faster. I don't spend the extra cash for a few more fps but it's up to you. Don't discount the Tech HunterElite either. It's basically a twin of the Marquis, made by Diamond but sold for Gander Mountain.

Don't just limit yourself to one brand and give em all a try. Have fun