HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting Gear Review (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review-31/)
-   -   Bow purchase (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review/237596-bow-purchase.html)

wetpwdr53 03-16-2008 05:40 AM

Bow purchase

Here is one of those nice dilemmas. I've shot an old PSE for years and plan to purchase a new bow in the near future. Even though I am leaning toward Mathews, I could save myself some cash by using my Cabelas points and purchasing one of their bows. Any suggestions or experience with any of the bows they carry? Thanks

BruceW63 03-16-2008 06:02 AM

RE: Bow purchase

Take a look at the Diamond brand bows -- if you like a shorter one, it's the Black Ice. A bit longer = Diamond Marquis. Cabelas sells 'em.

I made the switch from Mathews to Marquis a few months ago, and couldn't be happier (especially with my MeanV string stopper in place of the factory ShortStop.)

BuckAlley 03-16-2008 06:06 AM

Diamonds are still high priced bows, not alot of difference between them & Bowtechs $$ wise. But both are great bows.
If your considering a Hoyt, then why not look into the cheaper Reflex line. Those can be purchased little cheaper than Hoyt, and your still getting alot of Hoyt in them.
But I'd shoot any bow before making any purchase, whether it be store, shop, or catalog.

bohunter5040 03-16-2008 06:36 AM

Cabelas has the new Diamond "The Rock" for $399. Haven't seen it yet but the specs look good. They also have some new Fred Bear bows foraround $400.

western outdoors 03-16-2008 07:03 AM

The top bows to look at Cabelas would be the Bear Truth 2, Diamond Marquis and Black Ice, and Reflex Ridgeline 34 and Charger in my opinion. My two favorite are the Truth 2 and the Marquis. They were both very smooth, quiet, comfortable bows to shoot right out of the box. The Black Ice is really nice too, but I prefer a little longer ATA bow. I decided on the Truth 2.If you read the 2008 Bow Review in the latest edition of Petersens Bowhunting mag, the author writes that the Truth 2 was one of the best bowshe shot at the ATA show (not all'08 bows were reviewed however). So Truth 2 or Marquis in my opinion. Really nice bows!!

Rory/MO 03-16-2008 07:41 AM

cabelas carries the fred bear lights out
its only $330, and its a great '08 bow
my friend just bought one and he loves it
look at the whole line of bears though;)

MeanV2 03-16-2008 12:07 PM

In all rights the Black Ice and Marquis are top of the line single cam bows. If you are looking for a single cam Bow you would be well advised to spend some time shooting them. Take time and shoot all the brands and models you can get your hands on. Only YOU can decide what is best for YOU. Enjoy the sport of Archery!!

Dan

wis_bow_huntr 03-17-2008 04:55 AM

I agree with you on this. Im going to be buying The Lights Out.

ORIGINAL: xXxrory7xXx

cabelas carries the fred bear lights out
its only $330, and its a great '08 bow
my friend just bought one and he loves it
look at the whole line of bears though;)

bow_hunter44 03-17-2008 08:29 AM

ORIGINAL: MeanV2

In all rights the Black Ice and Marquis are top of the line single cam bows. If you are looking for a single cam Bow you would be well advised to spend some time shooting them. Take time and shoot all the brands and models you can get your hands on. Only YOU can decide what is best for YOU. Enjoy the sport of Archery!!

Dan
Mr. Dan speaks the truth. I have had a thing for a single cam bow for a long time but never had the disposable cash to get one. That changed this spring and I got myself a Black Ice. It is an amazing piece of work. The draw is sooooo smooth, as is the shot. The balance if the bow is a delight. I can shootLOTS of arrowswithoutgetting tired. Man, I love that bow. One would have to assume that the Marquis was also exceptional, as Diamond makes a top shelf product. But again, as Dan mentioned, shoot as many bows as you can get your hands on. They all feel just a bit different and who knows which one will fit your the best!

Gundeck 03-17-2008 08:53 AM

So true. Only you can decide what is best for you. The only way you can make a proper decision is to shoot as many bows as possible and see what works for you.