Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

hoyt katera

Old 02-25-2008, 10:34 AM
Spike

Default hoyt katera

has anyone bought the new speed bow by hoyt? what do you think!

Old 02-25-2008, 12:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: hoyt katera

I shot the Katera and the Katera XL along with many other bows. I am not a huge speed freak and I went with the Katera XL. I am getting upper 290's with a 389 grain arrow at 29" draw set at 68 pounds. For whitetails that is plenty fast enough and the bow is VERY quiet.
Old 02-27-2008, 06:24 AM

My Katera XL came in last Friday at Len's shop.Last night,the Vapor Trail strings were installed.I'm very pleased with the "shootability" of the bow,but there again,that is what the Hoyts are all about.At 31"draw,65lbs.it;s running in the the low 280's with a 429gr. arrow.Speed is not the most important aspect to me,it's how the bow handles,feels and shoots....Bob
Old 02-27-2008, 07:35 AM

nice just bought a 2007 Vectrix XL and lovein it . GO HOYT
Old 02-27-2008, 08:16 AM
Spike

thanks for all the input! I ended up buying the katera 80 lbs the other night it is pratty fast, with a 425 gr arrow it shot at 321 ft per second and smooth,absolutely no shot jump. can't wait for bow season.(91 ft lbs. of kinetic energy). wow.
Old 03-02-2008, 09:18 PM

i too thought this bow seemed pretty fast
Old 06-04-2008, 04:15 PM
Dominant Buck

Does the fletching miss the edges of this rest?? Looks pretty close.

Old 06-04-2008, 06:59 PM
Fork Horn

I have the Katera XL and I love it. It's fast, accurate and pretty forgiving. I love the bow....hate the string and cables. Fuse makes some good things but strings aren't it. I think this is an awesome bow but invest in some good strings and cables like vapor trial, winners choice or I believe a guy on this site...bucknasty has a really good standing with everyone on this site that has used him. I think the only bow I would possibly look at besides this one is the Bowtech Guardian....not sure why they went to that General...
Old 06-04-2008, 08:26 PM

Chuck - I don't know if you are familiar with how drop away rests work, but the little arm in the middle of the rest goes up when you draw the bow back (cord attached to the cable pulls down on it), and then drops back down suddenly when the bow is shot. Picture you posted shows the rest in the "down" position. Clearance should not be an issue.
Old 06-05-2008, 03:56 AM
Dominant Buck

I appreciate your patience with me men..I shot with some fellows once with drop away rest...with all the moving parts I was just worried it might manfunction in the woods..I'm sure I would like it though..No sir..I did npt realize that was a drop away site..I think I'll take the advice of one fellow and go to a bow shop and try some out..I'll take a 31 inch arrow too.

Quick Reply: hoyt katera

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.