Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Trufire 3D Hunter Thumb Trigger Release. >

Trufire 3D Hunter Thumb Trigger Release.

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Trufire 3D Hunter Thumb Trigger Release.

Old 02-20-2008, 04:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Trufire 3D Hunter Thumb Trigger Release.

After having a terrible experience with the Jimi T release from Jim Fletcher,I traded it for a Trufire 3D Hunter. So far I really like this release. I've taken about 100 shots with it so I don't yet know about the long term durability. But here's my first impressions:

I read that it's not the smoothest release and it has alot of trigger travel, but I haven't noticed that at all. I was going to get a Truball Pro Diamond, but the shop didn't have any and I wanted to take something home with me. I'm very happy so far.

To me, it fits my hand perfectly and it has the perfect amount of trigger travel and resistance to allow me to shoot with back tension and have a semi-suprise release. Some people have posted that there is too much trigger travel but I don't think so. I think thisrelease will be the perfect combination of target, 3d, and hunting release.

I'm sure some of the target specific releases like Carter or Stanislawski are much better quality, but to be honest I couldn't be happier with this release for a Do it All release for a bowhunter. And this costs about half as much as those expensive target releases.

I like how the head freely rotates 360 degrees for no string torque. I also like the fact that its a 4 finger release - it's easier to draw my 70# bow with four fingers compared to three. And I like that the thumb knob position,trigger travel and trigger tension are adjustable over a wide range of settings. I personally like this release best at the factory settings. I'm not going to change a thing.

It's extremely quiet too. You just squeeze the trigger and the jaws open to clip onto the loop. There's no noise or cocking required. And it's also very quiet on the shot.

My anchor point is much more consistent and comfortable, and I find it easier to shoot with back tension using a T handle versus a glove. My old release (Winn Free Flight) served me well but I didn't like having no use of my right hand while hunting. I couldn't even fit my right hand into my hand warming pouch with that glove on. And the velcro was loud.

The Trufire 3d Hunter allows me to clip onto the string loopand let it hang until I need to shoot, allowing full use of both hands for calling, rattling, climbing, or keeping warm in a coat pocket.

Like I said, there may be better target releases out there, but I couldn't be happier with this one so far. And it's priced well too - $70 for the black one. (I prefer the black in case I drop it while hunting. The camo might be too hard to find.)

Old 02-21-2008, 11:36 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Trufire 3D Hunter Thumb Trigger Release.

i'm actually in the market for a new release and i was considering a tumb-style. Never really thought about how nice it'd be to have both hands open all the time. Thnx for the post
Old 02-22-2008, 08:29 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Trufire 3D Hunter Thumb Trigger Release.

Thanks for the review. Well done. I'm not in the market for a new release, but if I was your review would be very helpful.