Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 black ice or mathews drenalin >

black ice or mathews drenalin

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

black ice or mathews drenalin

Old 02-13-2008, 08:34 AM

Default black ice or mathews drenalin

i have been shooting an old PSE for a while now and iam looking to upgrade, i have done a lot of shooting and have narrowed my choice down to two, i cannot decide between the mathews drenalin and diamonds black ice, iam looking for smooth draw, quiet bow, but also with some speed, what do i do?
Old 02-13-2008, 08:46 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: black ice or mathews drenalin

I just made the same choice I also looked at the truth 2. I finally decided on a dxt from mathews because I have a mathews dealer in town that is also a bowteh dealer. He swears by the mathews customer service! I am not bashing the diamond/bowtech line, he has had trouble with the customer servicedept. though and has no reason to lie to me. That black ice was a dream to shoot though. the drenalin seemed a little quicker but what is 5-10 fps.Thats what I decided I got the dxt because it was small like the black ice and I hunt with along walk and wanted light and small.
Old 02-13-2008, 09:36 AM

you should shoot both and than decide. look at the bows together. there ruffly close is speedand weight. but the ice is a good bit cheaper. with the dxt out you should be able to find a good deal on the drenalin. i seen several used on ebay and at my local pro shop. people seem to think if something new comes out it must be better. good luck on your choice
Old 02-13-2008, 09:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bigbullkiller

i have been shooting an old PSE for a while now and iam looking to upgrade, i have done a lot of shooting and have narrowed my choice down to two, i cannot decide between the mathews drenalin and diamonds black ice, iam looking for smooth draw, quiet bow, but also with some speed, what do i do?
Have you shot both?? How much? If you can't decide which feels best to you then it's going to be hard to tell you. They are both quality bows and are probably a few $$ apart in price. Go shoot them and try a Marquis out also!!

Dan
Old 02-13-2008, 07:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

iam looking for smooth draw, quiet bow, but also with some speed, what do i do?
Look no further than the airbornes from bowtech. They allhave what you are looking for with A LOT of speed
Old 02-14-2008, 07:29 AM
Boone & Crockett

Both are excellent bows. I could not fault you if you went for either. I love my Black Ice though.
Old 02-14-2008, 10:10 AM

I switched from a Switchback to a Black Ice. The Drenalin is a good bow, but the Black Ice is outstanding! If you want a little more speed, like Dan said check out the Marquis. It is fast!!!
Old 02-16-2008, 04:28 PM

This is a good thread because my buddy that got me into bow hunting is a Matthews fan and has a Drenalin. I'm a Bowtech guy and just bought a Black Ice. They are both great bows, both are light and short A to A perfect for hunting, his is just about 10 fps faster but for my own personal preference I am going to go with the Black Ice.
Old 02-16-2008, 04:31 PM

ORIGINAL: MeanV2

Have you shot both?? How much? If you can't decide which feels best to you then it's going to be hard to tell you. They are both quality bows and are probably a few $$ apart in price. Go shoot them and try a Marquis out also!!

Dan
Well they don't make the Tribute any more but give the Allegiance a go around also when you shop. It's an excellent bow and I almost got that instead but the Black Ice just felt a little better to me but everyone is different.