Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Bohning jig

Old 02-12-2008, 10:48 AM
Spike

Default Bohning jig

I would like to purchase a jig strictly for repairs. I'm considering the Bohning jig because of the price (don't want to spend alot). My question: can you fletch the blazer vanes with the standard jig or do you need the jig that Bohning makes specifically for the Blazer? I read some negative reviews about the Blazer vane jig. All input is much appreciated. Thanks.....

Frank
Old 02-12-2008, 02:36 PM

Default RE: Bohning jig

I believe you can do blazer with that jig.

If you are looking for something for just repairs, look at the Arizona jigs. They are not expensive, and fit in a pack or bow box taking up very little room. Maybe not the best choice for perfect arrows but for repairs....
Old 02-12-2008, 03:08 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: fjp326

I would like to purchase a jig strictly for repairs. I'm considering the Bohning jig because of the price (don't want to spend alot). My question: can you fletch the blazer vanes with the standard jig or do you need the jig that Bohning makes specifically for the Blazer? I read some negative reviews about the Blazer vane jig. All input is much appreciated. Thanks.....

Frank
Yes thestandard Bohning jig will work quiet well with Blazers. I've got one, and am very satisfied.
Old 02-12-2008, 04:58 PM
Fork Horn

Yes sir! The standard Bohning jig will do all vanes...Blazers, X-Vanes, Mini-Blazers, even feathers!

It is a GREAT starter jig, or ven to use as a full timer! I make many dozens per year and love it!
Old 02-13-2008, 07:44 AM
Spike

Thanks for the responses, I'll pick up the standard jig and give her a try.....