Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Getting back in..what bow? >

Getting back in..what bow?

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Getting back in..what bow?

Old 02-21-2008, 07:23 PM
Spike

Default RE: Getting back in..what bow?

typed in reflex ridgeline tonight on ebay and there was only 1! only 1. that tells me people arent getting rid of them. there were a ton of others. wouldnt you agree with this?
Old 02-21-2008, 08:32 PM

Dont really know too much about the Reflex's but there are tons of really good deals out there. I just bought an 07 Diamond Black Ice new in box for 479 dollars shipped. Check out the classified section over at www.archerytalk.com i would much rather buy a left over new in box bow than a used one but thats up to you, the black ice was going for 699 when it first came out. There were a bunch of close outs on Bowtechs and Diamonds which doesnt mean that they werent selling there are just alot more of em around.
Old 03-01-2008, 03:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Both of the bows I have, have done great, no problems with either...but I would just find one that fits you, and that you are comfortable with. I have a problem with my left arm sometimes and I switch from left to right alot. So both of mine get quite a bit of use.
Old 03-02-2008, 09:16 PM

shoot a couple bows by bear archery and ill bet you will at least like one
Old 03-03-2008, 07:33 AM

ORIGINAL: sgh22

typed in reflex ridgeline tonight on ebay and there was only 1! only 1. that tells me people arent getting rid of them. there were a ton of others. wouldnt you agree with this?
You can't really go by that. I'm constantly searching the internet for good deals. One day you may see 1 specific bow listed, and then all of a sudden you will see like 8 listed the next day. I hear good things about the Ridgeline if that is one you are interested in. I recently startedbrowsing around Archery Talkforum, and I was surprised at some of the deals going on there. I would check there as well as eBay.And don't listen to the WARRANTY claims that a lot ofpeople try to trick you with. They try to tempt you with a blank warranty card. If you read a lot of the warranty requirements from specific bow manufacturers, you need to provide a purchase receipt as the original owner. Anything purchased over ecommerce siteslike eBay, etc. automatically voids the warranty. This is NOT all bow manufacturers, but mainly the high end bows. Goread the manufacturers warranty requirements and don't be fooled.
Old 03-04-2008, 09:05 AM
Spike

im in the same situation looking for a new bow. ive shot mathews dxt, elite gto, bowtech 101st , allegiance, high country, bear, pse, all in the past 5 or 6 days. didnt care about price just took in consideration feel, smoothness and foregiving first and then speed. and ive been a mathews owner for the past 8 years.

and my choice is bowtech allegiance
Old 03-15-2008, 09:28 AM

After reading a bunch, I thought I'd finally get involved - I'm in the same exact situation. I am upgrading(big time) from a Parker Magnum hunter. I'm not concerned with the price. I want a bow that is as smooth and quiet and forgiving as possible. I want to hunt Moose and Caribou, maybe black bear and I want to get involved in 3D leagues. I'm a 26 inch draw shooting 60-70 lbs. I've shot Bowtech, Hoyt, Mission, Mathews, Diamond. The Bowtech was very quiet, but as I saw someone else post, the draw cycle seems a little rough, like it cams over hard or something. For me, it's now between Hoyt Katera, or Katera XL, or the Mathews Switchback XT. I think the Katera XL is smoother on the draw, and the Mathews Switchback XT is quieter on the release! So I'm stuck. None of the others compare to these for me (to each his own). My main concern is the Shorter Axle to axle of the switchback. I have not shot the S2, which seems like it might compare better in the forgiving category then the SBXT. I'm probably going to support my local pro shop and pay retail. I've actually already bought the acessories -Trophy ridge Dropzone guide model in camo, an Apex Nitrous 6 pin site, and the Sims Modular stabilizer. That's how close I am, if I could just make up my mind!!!
Old 03-16-2008, 06:53 AM

If you like the XT, then go with the new S2. I think it is pretty much the same bow as the XT, just a little longer ATA.
Old 03-16-2008, 10:59 AM

Thanks for the reply. I wish I could find an S2 to shoot, but no one around here has one. I'm thinking the slightly longer brace height of the SBXT might be teh way to go.
Old 03-17-2008, 01:50 PM
Fork Horn

I just purchased a new Hoyt Katera about 3 weeks ago, and am very pleased with it. My brother and friend also got new bows in the last couple months, and they both went with the Katera XL. The price is a little steep, but a good bow makes shooting fun again, and thats what it is all about.

Quick Reply: Getting back in..what bow?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.