Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Reflex to Mathews?

Old 01-31-2008, 10:16 AM

Default Reflex to Mathews?

I currently have a Reflex Grizzly, i have no problems with it whatsoever. I shot plenty of deer with it but im thinking about upgrading to a mathews dxt, looks like a awsome bow but just how good is the dxt my old man has one of the first gen mathews nice bow for sure.
Old 01-31-2008, 10:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Reflex to Mathews?

Lots of good reports on the DXT on here. I shot one last month and if it had been available when I got my Drenalin last year, I'd be shooting it instead. If you get it, you won't be sorry.
Old 01-31-2008, 11:02 AM

My guess there isn't one deer alive you could kill with the Mathews that would fall just as dead to your Reflex. But I'm certainly not one to minimize the wonderfulness of a new toy
Old 01-31-2008, 03:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

The DXT is a sweet bow. I shot one a couple times and that was enough for me to make up my mind what bow is am going to buy.
Old 01-31-2008, 10:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

The Grizzly is a fairly long ATA bow ( 38" ? ) and the Mathews is much shorter at 29.75 inches long . Should be a very different feel and shot. Best try it first, you may actually prefer the longer models.
Old 02-04-2008, 12:19 PM

ANYTHING MATHEWS IS THE WAY TO GO, YOU'LL NEVER SHOOT ANOTHER BOW AGAIN
Old 02-04-2008, 12:28 PM

do yourself a favor and also check out the new Bowtech's too. I went in to shoot the new DXT yesterday & personally thought think the Generalis a much betterbow for me. I will be selling my Drenalin & going with the Bowtech General this year. I've shot Mathews for many years but I have always said that I would go with the bow the fits me best, and this year it will be a BT General.
Old 02-04-2008, 12:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: jyanna

I currently have a Reflex Grizzly, i have no problems with it whatsoever. I shot plenty of deer with it but im thinking about upgrading to a mathews dxt, looks like a awsome bow but just how good is the dxt my old man has one of the first gen mathews nice bow for sure.
I think if you like your reflex, you should also shoot some new hoyts...
Old 02-04-2008, 02:33 PM

In other words go shoot all the new bows and make a long report back as to how you felt about the experience. Or just go shoot a Mathews - you won't be sorry. The DXTis capable like any bow in driving tacks at 40 yards and beyond. Don't believe all the short ATA hype making it tough to shoot. It's a great bow just like all these bows the guys mentioned before me. New bows are better than older bows especially when you consider the weight and size,it's light and very manuverable in the hand.
Old 02-04-2008, 05:05 PM

I had a new general and sold it to get a new DXT and love it.It is alot better bow.

Quick Reply: Reflex to Mathews?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.