Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 gaurdian compared to the black ice >

gaurdian compared to the black ice

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

gaurdian compared to the black ice

Old 01-29-2008, 10:24 AM
Fork Horn

Default gaurdian compared to the black ice

I have shot black ice loved it for a hunting bow. Have never shot the guardian does anyone know how the guardian compares.

thanks chris
Old 01-29-2008, 11:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: gaurdian compared to the black ice

I can't comment first hand, but from what I hear, the Guardian is one of the smoothest, most forgiving bows around and is in a league of it's own.

Old 01-29-2008, 02:07 PM
Boone & Crockett

To be honest, it's hard to compare the Black Ice with the Guardian. The first thing you'll notice, as smooth as it is, it will be slightly harsher than the Black Ice being the Black Ice is a single cam. Pound for pound the Guardian may pull slightly harder over through the draw cycle but in terms of shock and noise, (virtually none) only the General compares to it.
Old 01-29-2008, 02:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have owned and shot both a considerable amount. I prefer the Draw on the Guardian personally and would label it as Smooth. I have shot mostly an Allegiance the past few years with Speed mods. The Draw cycle on a bow is the last thing I consider when purchasing a new Bow, as long as it has a nice valley and anchors solid for me. 60# is 60# and your body/muscles soon become accustomed to variances in a draw cycle. Reasons I prefer the Guardian is the slightly longer A to A and the lack of noise and hand shock is Awesome. The Bow seems to be very forgiving which may be due to the deflex riser design. I mean it just will flat wad arrows very effortlessly.

Both are nice Bows!! The Guardian would just be my personal choice

Dan
Old 01-31-2008, 08:14 AM
Spike

ORIGINAL: MeanV2

I have owned and shot both a considerable amount. I prefer the Draw on the Guardian personally and would label it as Smooth. I have shot mostly an Allegiance the past few years with Speed mods. The Draw cycle on a bow is the last thing I consider when purchasing a new Bow, as long as it has a nice valley and anchors solid for me. 60# is 60# and your body/muscles soon become accustomed to variances in a draw cycle. Reasons I prefer the Guardian is the slightly longer A to A and the lack of noise and hand shock is Awesome. The Bow seems to be very forgiving which may be due to the deflex riser design. I mean it just will flat wad arrows very effortlessly.

Both are nice Bows!! The Guardian would just be my personal choice

Dan
I'm with Dan on this one. I shot both the black ice and the guardian and found the guardian to be quite a bit quieter than the black ice with noticabley less vibration and hand shock and just fun to shoot.
Old 01-31-2008, 11:32 AM
Typical Buck

I also cannot make a direct comparison, I bought a Guardian last summer after shooting a Patriot for a few years. Mine has the smooth draw cams and my old bow was a single cam. I went up 10 pounds on draw weight and other than the valley being narrower it feels about the same as the Patriot. I shot several bows before deciding on the Guardian but no Diamonds, I really wanted a Hoyt but after shooting the Guardian, nothing else really compared to in as far as lack of hand shock and noise, at least it seemed that way to me.
Old 01-31-2008, 11:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Tuco
Mine has the smooth draw cams and my old bow was a single cam. I went up 10 pounds on draw weight and other than the valley being narrower it feels about the same as the Patriot.
Tuco, I am glad you like your Guardian I Love mineBefore it the Allegiance was my go to bow, and I shot it with the Speed mods. The Guardian is available only in the one mod no Speed or Smooth, but to me it is smoother than my Ally was with thespeed mods.

Dan
Old 01-31-2008, 12:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

The Guardian is available only in the one mod no Speed or Smooth, but to me it is smoother than my Ally was with thespeed mods.

Dan
On the Bowtech site for the 2008 guardian and commander (general too)they give the speed mod IBO speed. Do the 2008 models have smooth and speed mods?
Old 01-31-2008, 12:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: brucelanthier

The Guardian is available only in the one mod no Speed or Smooth, but to me it is smoother than my Ally was with thespeed mods.

Dan
On the Bowtech site for the 2008 guardian and commander (general too)they give the speed mod IBO speed. Do the 2008 models have smooth and speed mods?
Bruce, according to the last spec sheets I got the General has both smooth and speed mods, but the Commander and Guardian do not.

Dan
Old 01-31-2008, 12:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: brucelanthier

Dan
Bruce, according to the last spec sheets I got the General has both smooth and speed mods, but the Commander and Guardian do not.

Dan
Not to pick nits but does that mean that the guardian and commander DO have speed mods but NOT smooth mods? Why would they say, on their site,

Speed MOD IBO: 310-318 fps "for the commander"

if they only had one type of module. Will they be coming out with smooth mods in the future? It is kind of confusing.

Quick Reply: gaurdian compared to the black ice

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.