Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

New Bear Game Over

Old 01-28-2008, 01:41 PM

Default New Bear Game Over

I have seen where some of you have shot the Bear Truth, have any of you shot the New Bear Game Over?
Thanks,
Old 01-28-2008, 07:59 PM
Spike

Default RE: New Bear Game Over

I shot the Game Over this past weekend. I wish I hadn't - I (thought) I had made my mind up to go with a Reflex. Now I'm leaning heavily toward the Bear. Smooth shooter, nice grip, factory string stopper. Pretty nice bow for the money. I've got some more shooting to do before I make up my mind, but in this price range I think the Bear is going to be hard to beat...
Old 01-29-2008, 05:09 AM

Thanks wobschall.
I shot the Truth2 a few weeks back and it really felt nice, but the outfitter did not have any of the Game Overs in stock. I will only be hunting with the bow and it fits my budget a little better. I am having to keep me and my son outfitted so the price of the Game Over is appealing. I guess it is worth making sacrifices to be able to have your son bow hunt with you.

Old 01-29-2008, 05:29 PM
Spike

I've been test-driving a lot of bows lately and in the $500ish range the game over is the nicest-shooting bow I've tried. I didn't notice a ton of difference between the Truth 2 and the Game Over, but I'm probably not the most discerning shooter...

I started shooting a bow about 8 years ago and got my dad back into the sport. Since then we've spent many memorable times shooting and hunting together. Well worth the "sacrifice" of shooting a less expensive bow in my mind. Good luck finding a new bow and enjoy shooting with your son.
Old 02-07-2008, 09:27 AM
Spike

Here's a tip I heard from someone a while back. Shoot two comparable bows blindfolded, obviously super close to the target. This way you get the feel for draw cycle, noise and hand shock in a totally unbiased way. Also shoot outdoors because inside shooting magnifies any noise the bow would have made. Bear bows are nice though, but I do not like the new grip on the '08 models.
Old 02-07-2008, 06:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: huntbigb

Bear bows are nice though, but I do not like the new grip on the '08 models.
I agree. You think that if bear made that good of bow they could put a better grip onit.
Old 02-07-2008, 07:51 PM
Boone & Crockett

I have shot every one of the 2008 Fred Bear bows and guess which one shoots the best????????

It sure aint the Truth II.

The lights out absolutely shoots better than any of them. I like primos products, and love their elk bugles,but since they got involved in "designing" bows the Fred bear line is going down hill again IMHO. They need to do one thing and do it right. Bows aint it.

The showdown shoots a lotworse than the element that it replaced.

The lights out is about equal to the instinct that it replaced. This one shoots well above its price tag.

The code was Bear best shooting bow in a long long longtime and they replaced it withthe lesser done deal.
Old 02-07-2008, 08:09 PM

I talked with Bear Archery. They told me they had a lot of interest in another grip. So they said they were going to look into it and possibly offer a new style soon.