Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Anyone have a tree saddle? >

Anyone have a tree saddle?

Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Anyone have a tree saddle?

Old 01-24-2008, 08:05 AM
Fork Horn

Default Anyone have a tree saddle?

Thinking about getting one for next season, but wanted to get some feedback before purchasing.
All of the reviews on the B.P.S. and Cab's sites were good; however I'd like to here what some of you guys had to say about them.

Old 01-25-2008, 09:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Anyone have a tree saddle?

I have one.It's a neat concept and uselfull in certain situations but I'm still not getting rid of my Lone wolf.I find the comfort to be adequate.It's also light and easy to use as long as you already have a ladder or steps set up.I've used it with a set of LW climbing sticks and the weight was just as much as hauling in a stand.The biggest advantage is you can use them on just about any tree and you're an absolute predator once set up because you can hide behind the tree.
Old 01-26-2008, 08:25 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks for the feedback doug.

I'm planning on getting one because I'm going to be hunting out of state next year on public ground. I know I'm going to have to hike to get away from the crowds andI really don't want to lug the Summit around if I don't have to. That's why I was looking into getting the tree saddle.

That being said, most of the hunts I use it on will be all day sits. How comfortable can I expect to be if I hang out in this thing for 11 or 12 hours?
Old 01-28-2008, 07:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

The most I've sat in mine was for about 4-5 hours.It wasn't too bad but I'd say if you cansit init for 12 hours,you're more of a man that I am.
Old 01-29-2008, 03:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

I love mine. I used it almost exclusively last season. The more you use it and become familar with it the more comfortable it becomes. I don't consider it a replacement for all my tree stands but it sure is more versitale, especially if you can leave your steps in the tree. I have multiple stand locations setup for hunting with mine. They key is to practice with it as much as possible.
Old 01-29-2008, 08:31 AM
Fork Horn

5 Shot, what's your experience with day long sitsin this thing?

Old 01-29-2008, 05:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've used one for two years now and I'm a big fan.

There are a couple of tricks to make sure you are comfortable.

1. Make sure to get the right size. This is critical.
2. The neoprene or leather are most comfortable.But the neoprene is hot.
3. Use kneepads or better yet take a foam thermaseat and strap it to the treeat knee level. This allows you toactually sit in the saddle for long periods of time when you are tired of standing.
4. Alternate between sitting and standing/leaning (about every 45 min or so)
5.You can sleep in it before daylight. Just rest your knees on the tree and rest your head on the strap.
6. The strap needs to be at the correct height on the tree for maximum comfort and mobility. Experiementto see what's best for you.
7. You need a bow holder at eye level on the left side of the tree.
8. You'll need a couple screw in hooks to holdgear.
9. The best way to accomplish 7 and 8 is to order a Hang-it-All belt from Cabelas.
10. Lone Wolf sticks are the fastest way to get up in the tree.
11. Once you're up there, you need a platform to stand on and walk around the tree.The best system for me was to take 4 or 5 Ameristep strap on steps and put them on a single strap. These are comfortable and quiet to step on.
12. Ameristep strap on steps are the lightest and easiest to carry, but they take longer to set up than Lone Wolf sticks. They are much faster and easier than screw in steps.
13.The best way to hunt is to have a bunch of trees prepared preseason with screw in steps. Then you can climb up and hunt quickly as conditions / sign dictate.
14. Practice shooting from all different angles and practice creeping around the tree SLOWLY and silently.
Old 01-29-2008, 06:41 PM
Typical Buck

Gutshotem,

Through our PM's, i was under the impression that you had permanent stands at all of your corn feeders? Either way, i think it would be hard to shoot a crossbow out of one.
Old 01-30-2008, 04:21 AM

Just make sure to check the regs in the area you're going to be hunting to make sure you can use screw in steps and bowholders, ect. Alot of areas are getting real sticky about screwing stuff into the trees.
Old 02-01-2008, 03:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have not sat from daylight to dark, useually about 4 hours at a time. In most cases It's not the comfort that makes me come out of the tree. It's more I get restless. I can see an all day "sit" as doable, but I would rather have my Summit Goliath for that task.

Quick Reply: Anyone have a tree saddle?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.