Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Black ice vs marquis

Old 01-23-2008, 07:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Black ice vs marquis

need the pros an cons of both an which one ya think is the better of the 2
Old 01-23-2008, 08:10 PM

Default RE: Black ice vs marquis

I think the Marquis is the better one because it's faster smoother and quieter!!
Old 01-23-2008, 10:07 PM

Read this review/comparison if you haven't already, it gives some really good info.

http://www.hunting.net/forum/tm.aspx?m=2461220

The Black ice is a great bow, and the Marquis may be a slight bit better. You won't go wrong with either one.
Old 01-24-2008, 06:28 AM
Boone & Crockett

I am guessing it is my review linked above. For some reason the link is blocked on my server here at work.

If it isn't then here is my journal article providing the comparison. Hope it helps.

http://www.huntingnet.com/fieldjournal/fieldjournal_detail.aspx?nID=818
Old 01-24-2008, 09:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

I prefer the Marquis slightly over the Black Ice. I especially like the longer A to A. They are both top notch single cam offerings, but the edge goes to the Marquis in most departments. Quieter, faster, less hand shock
Not saying the Black Ice is not a good bow and with bows personal feel is very important.

Dan
Old 01-24-2008, 03:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

seeing how i can get a 07blackices.. new for a good bit cheaper i think that might steer me in that direction.. sucks to have limits...[:@]
Old 01-24-2008, 04:04 PM

Just bought a leftover 07 Black Ice myself and your right the price sealed the deal!
Old 01-25-2008, 02:43 PM

New shooter here; just received the Marquis package from Hunter's Friend. I went to the local (and new) Cabela's here and shot both models and I was a tad bit more comfortable with the length and weight of the Marquis. Being new to the sport, I didn't discern any real tangible differences in areas like draw cycle, hand shock, etc. However, all things being equal, the Marquis is a bit faster. I love it so far!

Old 01-28-2008, 07:30 PM

Bobkarr72

Im seriously thinking of getting the same package, seems like a great price, any thoughts, or things you would do differently?
Old 01-28-2008, 07:34 PM
Boone & Crockett

I own the Marquis, I got to shoot the Black Ice over the weekend and am thinking about ordering that one too. If I picked one, I like the Marquis for it's ATA.

Quick Reply: Black ice vs marquis

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.