Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Rage Broadheads

Old 01-22-2008, 04:44 PM

Default Rage Broadheads

I am in the market for new braodheads.I was considering either a fixed blade or a mechanical(the Rage)How are these broadheads? Will i get pass throughs shooting 55-60lbs.Are they durable?
Old 01-22-2008, 05:53 PM

Default RE: Rage Broadheads

May I suggest you go back through the archives in this site - there is a lot of discussion on this subject. In a nutshell, they worked very well for me out of 60 lb. bow on Mule Deer. Got one pass through on a severe angle, and one stuck in the off shoulder. My hunting buddy got a broadside pass through with a 64 lb. bow. They work as advertised, and it doesn't seem to take much zip off the arrow to deploy the blades.
Old 01-22-2008, 07:04 PM

I too would like some opinions onRAge broadhead vs Gream reaper what are your guys opininon of each and which one works better?
Old 01-22-2008, 07:17 PM
Fork Horn

RAGE two blade 2in. slip cams are awesome,I shot a 5point this year and my son-n-law an 11 point and both deer looked just like a rifle shot them,there is no loss of kinetic energy they are absolutely devastating,and yes they work good with low poundage I shoot 61# at 22yds. with a 405 grain arrow hit the deer right in the boiler room complete pass threw and the arrow was in the ground between 3 and 4inches...........Ted
Old 01-22-2008, 08:20 PM
Fork Horn

You will love the Rage head. It's the real deal. Your poundage is fine. I know a lot of people who are shooting less than 60lbs and are having great success with the Rage. Heck, the Drury's both shoot less than 60lbs and they kill a lot of deer and a lot of big deer with no problems.
Old 01-22-2008, 08:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

Proof is in the pudding, and here a pic of the pudding! 25 yards out of a 61# Bow, complete pass thru! I like them!

" />

Old 01-22-2008, 09:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm happy with the Rage but when replacing the blade the retaining screws they hinge on often get stripped due to impact and they are hard to find. Rage couldn't get me any and I finally found them at one hardware store. These set screws should come in the package with the replacement blades.
Old 01-23-2008, 06:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

The Slick Trick is tougher, flies just as good, cuts a bigger hole, and you never have to worry about any malfunction

The GrizzTrick is going to cut even bigger holes[8D]

Dan

Old 01-23-2008, 08:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

I used to shoot the rage, and had two dissapointing results at 27 and 30 yards broadside. Neither had a pass through and the entry hole was as small as a closed head, ie I don't believe they opened. Switched to slick tricks and all worries about a head not performing have gone out the window.
Old 01-23-2008, 08:47 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: MeanV2

The Slick Trick is tougher, flies just as good, cuts a bigger hole, and you never have to worry about any malfunction

The GrizzTrick is going to cut even bigger holes[8D]

Dan

Thank goodness you chimed in else we would never had a chance to see this picture for the hundreth time.[8D]

I hope you're not serious on trying to compare a ST to a Rage. I don't want to get into a 2nd grade argumentwith you but the Rage is a tough head that wil fly better than a ST when all things are considered: bow tuning, torqueing the bow, bad release, shot distance 20-60 yards, wind which is critical to fix blades.

The Rage will consistently make a bigger hole. Look at the 2 pictures in this thread. There is no comparison. And trust me when I say you can look at all the pictures on this forum and the other forums to prove this out. Now, I will say a ST will cut almost as much tissue (cutting surface), because of the 4 blades of the ST,but WILL NOT make as big a hole, (cutting diameter determines this)which is essential for a good blood trail.

And with the Rage 2 blade there is NO chance for malfunction.

Now before you jump down my throat I will say I believe the ST to be a very good fixed head just not up to the devastation a Rage can inflict.

Quick Reply: Rage Broadheads

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.