Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 the BEAR TRUTH... Dont BUY. >

the BEAR TRUTH... Dont BUY.

Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

the BEAR TRUTH... Dont BUY.

Old 01-18-2008, 12:25 AM
Fork Horn

Default the BEAR TRUTH... Dont BUY.

Hey guys.. i finally got my first bow, my wife, and family all chipped in for christmas and i got the cash and went to local archery store and got a BEAR TRUTH bow.. it was in my budget.. which still was NOT cheap by any means.. so.. i got the bow.. before i could shoot one shot.. the string was chaffed.. starting to come apart. .. so the owener switched the string for me. next day i go shooting.. after 15 shots i notice the string getting chaffed again.. apparently something in the CAM is sharp and cutting away on the string.. no good.. no luck for me.. i gave it back and with a few $ more i upgraded the the REFLEX RIDGELINE picking it iup tomorro .. cant wait..
i was just really dissapointed.. first bow.. new toy.. you know how it is..
ok thanks guys.. and i was such a believer in the BEAR.. what an idiot.. shoulda listed to a few people on here that go against BEAR.
-CK
Old 01-18-2008, 05:12 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: the BEAR TRUTH... Dont BUY.

Or perhaps it was just a faulty part? For want of a nail the shoe was lost, don't blame the horse.
Old 01-18-2008, 05:57 AM

Well, I don't blame you for being discouraged. You're new to this, all excited and can't wait to go shooting.....But, alas, your brand new bow has problems that it shouldn't have. That's discouraging, and frustrating. But unfortunately it does happen occassionally. That probably could have been fixed quite easily, but......IMO, you've gotten yourself a better bow. That Ridgline is a sweetie.....
Old 01-18-2008, 03:01 PM

I know quite a few folks who shoot the Bear bows and they have been pretty good products. You somehow got one with what sounds like a sharp edge on the cam - which can be a real string killer. The Reflex line of bows are a little better bow for about the same price anyway. I bought one for a backup last fall and have no regrets.
Old 01-18-2008, 07:14 PM
Fork Horn

You must of got one of the truth's that was on one of there first runs off the assembly line I also got one,they replaced my string for free,I had to take a dremel tool and polish the cam plus the new string was reserved with smaller serving,I have had no more Issues with the bow,sorry for your issues with it but it really is a good shooting bow and primos and bear archery did get the bugs out of it,but Fred Bear is a quality bow and I also am gonna purchase an Instinct,Good Luck with your reflex...........Ted
Old 01-18-2008, 07:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

i got no problem with mine
Old 01-18-2008, 09:59 PM

While it may have been an easy fix, I think you did the right thing and stepped up to a better quality bow. Although promise me you will never pay that much for a bow at Bass Pro again! Go to a real pro shop and step up to a higher quality bow like Bowtech, Matthews, Hoyt or the two top end Diamond bows.

Congrats on your new bow, should kill them just as dead.
Old 01-19-2008, 12:01 PM
Boone & Crockett

I've been using High Country Bows for about 15 years and I tried one of the Bear Truth bows. It felt very smooth and shot well even with an unfamilar release I was using at the bow shop. It grouped the 5 arrows shot into a tight bunch at 20 yds, even taking the nock of one of them. I am still considering buying one of them but will have to do a bit more research it appears.
Old 01-20-2008, 07:38 PM
Fork Horn

bronco,if you are interested in one I was gonna put it on e bay I have a R/H 07 Truth new string,28in. draw. 60# max's at 61# has a Tru Glo Glo Brite Site one pin $90.00 a quick tune 2000 drop away rest $50.00 a vibracheck Icon stab $37.00 an sts $39.00 a five arrow Tru glo detatchable quiver $25.00 there is a couple of scratches on the riser where I had a couple of different rest on the bow ,other than that is is in excellent shape,I would take $415.00+shipping to usa only.and the only reason I am getting rid of it I'm going blind in my right eye and I am going to a left handed set up,pm me if your interested in it I will throw in a half a dozen beeman ICS Hunter arrows with blazers I have 340 shafts and 400's take your pick thats a heck of a deal............Ted
Old 01-21-2008, 10:07 AM

Hi all, I am also new I recently bought a bow before I left for a deployment, I did a little bit of research but not much, and bought a 07' Diamond Triumph, which I see is being replaced, I am more then excited to get back home and start to shoot, I was just curious if that is good entry level bow, I know it is mostly opinion, but I purchased it before I left in Jan. for 399.00. Just looking for some information, because I am seriously considering selling it or using it to get better and buying a 82nd Airborne, to help my brothers out!

Quick Reply: the BEAR TRUTH... Dont BUY.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.