Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

crossbow a bow?

Old 01-07-2008, 07:43 PM

Default crossbow a bow?

do yall consiter the crossbow a gun that shoots arrows or a bow I think they should be illegal for anyone who isnt disabled termanly ill or elderly like 65+
Old 01-08-2008, 05:12 PM

Default RE: crossbow a bow?

Here in Tn they are legal had one for a couple of years but prefer my compound bow over it. They maybe easier to shoot in regard of not having to hold the poundage back and aim like a rifle but they have drawbacks, very bucky, nearly impossible to cock in the tree, most hunter here that tried themhave swicth back to there compunds. I dont really see them taking over here in a state where anyone can shoot them. The first year there was loads of talk about how great it will be to use one but after a few years it is all gone away and i hearing mostlytraditationalbow talk.
Old 01-08-2008, 06:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think they are great for like you said the disabled or the elderly, maybe even youths who cant pull enough weight. I really think you should be able to use them if you want. Its not like they have a further range than a regular bow, the only differance is you dont have to draw it back.You still have to range estimate, have a clear shot, aim, most everything you have to with a regular bow. As long as it is noted in the pope and young record books I could really care less if someone chooses to use a crossbow. If it were legal in all states Im willing to bet it would get more people into bowhunting and that deffinetly isnt a bad thing.
Old 01-08-2008, 06:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Limbs.String,Arrow sounds like a bow to me and yes I have 2,1 compound and 1 recurve.I also shoot recurve,longbow and compond bows also......

Old 01-08-2008, 06:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

The funny thing is that here in Illinois they are legal for disabled and people over 65, but any device that holds a normal compound bow at full draw is not legal. I dont get, some laws are just a joke sometimes.
Old 01-08-2008, 07:03 PM
Typical Buck

Ah man, not this topic again..[:@]
What should be illegal is illiterate trolls like you that come to an otherwise civil forum and drop bombs of ignorance.
I shoot a compound, I also shoot a crossbow, I am not 65+, nor am I handicapped, I am a guy who enjoys buying fun stuff to shoot and going out and doing it.
Thank you for sharing your in depth opinion of how the world should operate, now screw off and let hunters be hunters.

ORIGINAL: musclcarman

do yall consiter the crossbow a gun that shoots arrows or a bow I think they should be illegal for anyone who isnt disabled termanly ill or elderly like 65+
Old 01-08-2008, 07:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ha Ha Ha, that was pretty well put Pydpiper. Guess as long as your having fun thats what matters.
Old 01-08-2008, 07:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think he was serious.....[].....