Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

talked out of a ripcord

Old 01-05-2008, 03:36 PM
Fork Horn

Default talked out of a ripcord

was looking to switch from my trophy taker to the ripcord, but the guy at the local proshop said he didnt like the ripcord b/c their was no way to set the drop speed. He said it locked up and once you released it by drawing back you couldnt control how fast it fell. I didnt buy. As a side not they were selling them for $69 as opposed to $89 in bass pro.

Looking for your opinion
Old 01-05-2008, 08:46 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: talked out of a ripcord

I have used a ripcord for over a year now with no problems and am very happy with it. I don't target shoot, just hunt and shoot for fun so the drop speed doesn't matter to me. I am shooting the best groups I have ever shot and plenty goood for hunting.
Old 01-06-2008, 12:01 AM
Spike

Never had any problems with mine yet. I use mine for hunting and 3-d league. QAD ultra rest also seems to be a popular one.
Old 01-06-2008, 03:21 AM
Fork Horn

I have 2 ripcords, one on each of my bows. I think they are really good rests and have had not a single issue with either of them.
Old 01-06-2008, 06:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

I put a ripcord on my bow this year. Flawless, will be using it next year too.
Old 01-06-2008, 10:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

I like the Ripcord better than the QAD, but I really think the best drop away on the market is the Limb Driver

Dan
Old 01-06-2008, 10:58 AM
bigcountry

I have tried them all. I like the QAD better than any of them but do not like their price. I liked the release and thumbwheel of the QAD better. I do not like the long cable running up my bow on the limbdriver. Just my opinion.

Old 01-06-2008, 11:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bigcountry
I do not like the long cable running up my bow on the limbdriver. Just my opinion.
Care to give a reason? I once heard a similar statement made about cables when compounds first came out

Dan
Old 01-06-2008, 11:09 AM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: MeanV2

ORIGINAL: bigcountry
I do not like the long cable running up my bow on the limbdriver. Just my opinion.
Care to give a reason? I once heard a similar statement made about cables when compounds first came out

Dan
Honestly, I do not like any of the cables attaching to my cables, or the arm of the MZE. I would like to go back to fixed design. But with dropaways, i take lesser of the evils. Something attaching to my limb just doesn't feel right.

Old 01-06-2008, 11:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

You notice a different feel?
You could always use an inertia rest

Dan

Quick Reply: talked out of a ripcord

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.