Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 g5 meta peep and optix se sight >

g5 meta peep and optix se sight

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

g5 meta peep and optix se sight

Old 12-21-2007, 05:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default g5 meta peep and optix se sight

does anyone have them
im thinking about putting them both on a fred bear "the truth" when i get the bow in feb.
can i get some feedback?
Old 12-22-2007, 10:01 AM

Default RE: g5 meta peep and optix se sight

I have a G5 meta 3/16 peep and it works great!!
Old 12-22-2007, 04:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

I also have the meta peep, works great. I am planning on purchasing the new optix XR sight when it comes out. Any G5 product Ive used is top notch and I havent had any complaints.
Old 12-23-2007, 09:17 PM

I'm using the G5 metapeep, G5 montecs, andG5 small game heads. I'm very pleased with all of the G5 products and would highly recommend them.
Old 12-24-2007, 08:32 AM

ORIGINAL: passthru79

I also have the meta peep, works great. I am planning on purchasing the new optix XR sight when it comes out. Any G5 product Ive used is top notch and I havent had any complaints.
any details about the new G5 sights available yet??? nothing on their website yet...
Old 12-26-2007, 07:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have not used the Meta Peed, but have a G5 SE 3 pin sight w/ the LED light. I just put it on before xmas (gift to myself). I have done quite a bit of target shooting with it and really like it so far.
What is the adavantage of the Meta Peep vs a regular?

Old 12-26-2007, 08:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have the G5 Optix ME and would recommend that over the SE model if you plan on shooting out at distance. You can dial the bottom pin for distances past what ever you have your bottom fixed pin set at. I replaced my fibers with Fitz Fibers and it was well worth it.
Old 12-27-2007, 11:33 PM

I've been thinking about goin to an Optix ME or XR but not too sure how that 4th floating pin works. Can you explain? I cant really find any info on G5's website.
Old 12-28-2007, 04:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: G5 meta peep and optix se sight

ORIGINAL: armedic1

I've been thinking about goin to an Optix ME or XR but not too sure how that 4th floating pin works. Can you explain? I cant really find any info on G5's website.
Instead of having an adjustment screwlike the other pins the floating pin has a dial. There is a ball bearing on the sight frame and indents on the dial. When you rotate the dial it will lock into place when the ball bearing hits the indent. Kind of like a socket does on a socketwrench.Each locking point equates to a distance. You have to figure out how many yards each locking point would be for your bow. for mine it's approx 3 yds for the first 5 or 6 clicks. After that it starts to fall.You also have the option of adjusting the pin anywhere between the indents and it will stay there due to the pressure the ball bearing is putting on the dial.

There's an order for setting up the pins. The sight comes with pictures of the pins set at different velocities. Therefore, you can get close by chronographing your bow and then laying the sight housing over the picture for your approx velocity and adjusting the pins. One thing I found out is that you need to sight the 50 yd pin in first in it's top position or the sight will not work as intended. Follow the instructions for sighting in and you'll be fine. I didn't do that the first time and had to reset all of the pins.

I have my pins 20,30,40 and the floating pin is 50 yds in it's highest position. If you needI can scan the instructions (If I still have them) and email them to you or post them here.
Old 12-28-2007, 09:47 AM

Default RE: G5 meta peep and optix se sight

ORIGINAL: davepjr71

If you needI can scan the instructions (If I still have them) and email them to you or post them here.
could you send them to me also??? i'm about --> <-- this close to ordering an ME, that info would be great and might help me decide about waiting for the XR (if i could find some more info about it)...

Quick Reply: g5 meta peep and optix se sight

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.