Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Hoyt Katera?

Old 12-21-2007, 06:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Hoyt Katera?

Has anyone tried and tested Hoyt's newest bow?
Old 12-21-2007, 02:53 PM

Default RE: Hoyt Katera?

Yes, and I like it very much. However, its not as smooth to draw as my Drenalin.
Old 12-21-2007, 05:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Smooth draw is very important to me!
Old 12-22-2007, 08:58 AM

Yes, but your Drenalin is a single cam bow and hoyt's are double cam bows. Single cam bows are much smoother to draw. If smoothness is what your after then you should look at Mathews bows.
Old 12-22-2007, 04:42 PM
Fork Horn

I shot it a few times but settled for the vetrix (2007) for some reason it just felt better in my hands over the katara but I think that bow is great. I need to shoot it with a dampener and see what it feels like. The store only put a rest on there and let me try it.

From what I gathered from shooting it was it is a little loader, had a little more vibration, but is slightly faster. Also it pulls a little easier. Since speed is not the Holy Grail for me the vetrix was plenty fast and quite.

28 inch draw 380 g arrows clocked at 270 fps at 65# I would say shoot both since the katara is merely a vetrix on steroids.

Old 12-23-2007, 01:28 AM
Fork Horn

i have thekatera xl and its awesome i have shot different types of bows including mathews, i will give credit to mathews for there bows there great but the kateras are alot faster and quiet to my opinion!!! andyoucant beat the promise Hoyt puts towards there bows !!
Old 12-24-2007, 11:01 AM
Host of Hosts

[quoteandyoucant beat the promise Hoyt puts towards there bows !!
][/quote]

What promise? Are you talking about Warranty?
Old 12-24-2007, 03:55 PM
Fork Horn

yes i knew a guy who had a mathews and tried to get the limbs replaced and Mathews wouldnt do it because they said it was user error!! want a business thats been making bows for 70 + yrs or one thats been doing it for 25 + yrs, All Hoyts employers are Bow Hunters thats a plus in my book.
Old 12-25-2007, 09:59 AM

Anyone that doesnt shoot hoyt doesnt understand the true definition of bowhunting. If you dryfire a matthews its done, my friends have dry fired mine multiple times never cracked or anything, so hoyts promise must be pretty good. Hoyt bowsare for bowhunters who actually hunt or actually shoot everyday.
Old 12-25-2007, 12:27 PM

ORIGINAL: bowhunterar23

Anyone that doesnt shoot hoyt doesnt understand the true definition of bowhunting.
Ouch! That is not going to sit well with a lot of people.

Quick Reply: Hoyt Katera?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.