Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

blazer question

Old 12-19-2007, 11:18 AM
Spike

Default blazer question

I am switching over to blazers from my 4 in vanes. Do I need to put an arrow wrap on with my blazers or would it be fine to just put the blazers on without one on a Easton St. Epic 400 28 in. carbon arrow?
Old 12-19-2007, 11:34 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: blazer question

No need for the wrap unless you like to decorate your arrow.
Old 12-19-2007, 11:44 AM
Typical Buck

Some say that the wraps help the gule set better, but you certainly don't NEED wraps.
Old 12-19-2007, 01:12 PM

They will work great without the wraps. Just make sure you lightly sand the part of the arrow that you will be fletching. They won't stick to the shaft unless you remove that coating that comes on all Easton shafts.
Old 12-19-2007, 01:27 PM

Wraps sure make it a lot easier to refletch your arrows. The glue doesn't stick to the shaft and you can get the wrap of by just scrapping it of with a knife blade. I use wraps all the time it makes my arrows nicer looking, I can see them hit a deer better, easier to find and most of all it make it easier to reflatch. Glue sticks really good on carbon bare shafts and is hard to get off. Your going to use carbon arrow year after year if you don't lose all of them and you will need to reflech them some time. I do use blazer vane and love them.
Old 12-19-2007, 03:52 PM

I don't see any need for a wrap unless you want to stiffen the spine of a particular arrow for a setup. I think they would be harder to get off because there is more surface to scrape off that has been glued down than just vanes. I'd have to say that refletching arrows is just a snap with my zip strip. I put blazers on my Bemans(similiar to eastons) with goat tuff and I cannot even pull those things off. They are tough and I will be sticking to that combination until they make something better.
Old 12-19-2007, 04:40 PM

zip strip I think if you ask a carbon arrow company they will tell you to never use any thing like that. It will brake down your carbon resin and destroy the shaft and they say the only thing thats safe on them is alcohol and not to use to much of it and to never use acidtone. You are to scrap the glue off. Any super glue works good. Vanes don't last forever if you shoot at all you will shoot holes through them are passing through a target will screw then up big time. Scrapping the wrap off is very easy. Peels right off and the shaft still looks new when your done. hoyt010 don't use zip strip for you owe safety.
Old 12-19-2007, 04:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Im not 100% sure on this but I dont think putting a wrap on an arrow is really going to do much to the spine. If anything I would think it might cause a bit more flex in the center of the arrow since your adding weight to the back. Just a thought, by all means correct me if Im wrong.
Old 12-21-2007, 07:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

Wraps make the arrow more visible, fletch sticks better, and refletching is easier. Besides they look Sharp

Dan
Old 12-21-2007, 07:53 AM

DO NOT clean the base of the blazer before you glue it. Clean the arrow, but NOT the blazer. I sometimes use a green scotch brite pad to scuff the arrow a little first. You can't see it, but it helps. Wraps are awesome though.

Quick Reply: blazer question

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.