Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Gloves for bowhunting,

Old 12-12-2007, 06:16 AM
Fork Horn

Default Gloves for bowhunting,

For years I have been using a thin, camoflagued glove that enabled me hold my bow and shoot my release with ease. They weren't very warm but helped somewhatand just as importantly camoflagued my hands. I can't seem to find them anymore. What kind of gloves do you bowhunters use?
Old 12-12-2007, 10:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Gloves for bowhunting,

I really like the Mossy Oak "passthrough" gloves. they are a light leather (like a batting glove). They aren't extremely warm, but better than nothing. Easy to shoot with too.

Old 12-12-2007, 11:46 AM

I just use the green wool military surplus style glove. If it's really bad ice and snow while I'm climbing up after goats I wear a North Face mountaineering/ice climbing glove until I get up on top and then switch back to the green woolies while stalking.
Old 12-12-2007, 08:05 PM

The New UnderArmour Gloves are amazing, they have the Stretch Camo Glove, and then they have the extremely warm convertible mitts
Old 12-12-2007, 08:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't use gloves during practice and 3D shoots all year long and don't change anything when I hunt. If it's cold then I have pockets. If it gets real cold then I have pockets with chemical foot warmers in them.
Old 12-12-2007, 08:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

I used the underarmour release gloves this year. They kept my hands comfortably warm so far and are still plenty thin to get a good feel on your bow grip or your release. At around $30 a pair there a bit pricey but they are very nice.
Old 12-12-2007, 09:51 PM

I use Rocky Scent IQ Bowhunter gloves, they're a really soft suede palm and fingers so you can still get a good feel for bow and release. They aren't the warmest but nock the chill off and i think only cost between 15 and 20 bucks. On real cold days i use a Rocky fleecehand warmer pouch with chemical hand warmer in it and that keeps them down right comfi... and isn't very bulky at all.
Old 12-13-2007, 04:05 AM
Fork Horn

I just use a tight fitting glove liner, fire up handwarmers when it is below 30 degrees or windy, and keep them in my pockets. Usually if I have to take them out of my pocket when a buck is coming in, the last thing I am thinking about is whether or not my fingers are chilly.
Old 12-14-2007, 08:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

I do not use gloves. I keep my bow on a bow hanger so I dont have to hold onto it. Then I put my hands in my fleece handwarmer, which look like a fannypack. I keep a chemical handwarmer in there. My handwarmer thing fits my release, I put my cell phone in there, and I also put other small things like my estrous can.
Old 12-14-2007, 06:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

In warm/moderate temps I use a pair of thin stretch Primos gloves. I love those things. Probably my favorite glove I've ever owned in my life.

When it gets cold I have a set of Manzella Bow Stalker gloves. They're made of polar fleece and are heavy enough to be warmn, but not so much that you can't shoot with them on. Overall I've been very happy with them.

When it's really cold, I use a pair of hand warmers and I'm all set.

Quick Reply: Gloves for bowhunting,

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.