Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

SPOT HOGG SIGHT

Old 12-07-2007, 07:14 AM
Fork Horn

Default SPOT HOGG SIGHT

I AM THINKING ABOUT PURCHASING THE HOGIT HUNTER MODEL WITH THE NEW FIBER WRAPPED PIN SYSTEM. DOES ANYONE HAVE THIS SIGHT??? ANY PROS OR CONS??? HOW EASY IS IT TO ADJUST THE INDIVIDUAL PINS?? CAN YOU ALSO ADJUST THE PINS AS A GANG BOTH VERTICAL AND HORIZONTAL?? HOW BRIGHT ARE THE PINS?? ON A 1 TO 10 SCALE HOW WOULD YOU RATE IT BASED ON EASE OF SETTING UP, ADJUSTMENTS, DURABILITY, FUNCTION ABILITY ETC??? DOES THAT VERTICAL WIRE CAUSE ANY VISUAL PROBLEM WHEN SHOOTING??? ANY INPUTS WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.
Old 12-07-2007, 07:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: SPOT HOGG SIGHT

I'll put it very simply for you without spending 20 minutes typing. IMO Its the BEST hunting sight I have seen in 23 years of bowhunting. It will do everything you want it to and more and you can pass it down to your kids when you die if you want.
Also the pins are so nice and bright don't go over .019 or you'll be wearing sunglasses and won't see anything beyond them.
Worth every penny.
Old 12-07-2007, 07:55 AM
Fork Horn

THAT SURE SOUNDS GREAT. ARE YOU REFERRING TO THE NEW WRAPPED PIN SYSTEM BEING SO BRIGHT OR WITHOUT???THANKS FOR GETTING BACK TO ME SO QUICKLY.
Old 12-07-2007, 08:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

The new wrapped one is VERY bright. To tell you the truth I wouldn't hesitate tohunt with the .010 wrap model that I have for 3D which is far brighter than the standard .019 pins.....so the .019 wrap one should be even brighter and more than enough for ANY hunting you'd want to do.
Anything bigger is going to be annoying and overkill with the wrap pins.

Conversely the standard short fiber pins are some of the dimmest out there. They just don't gather very much light on their own.

Old 12-07-2007, 02:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

If you want a multi pin sight the Hogg Wrap Hogg It Hunter is the Best!!

Dan
Old 12-07-2007, 05:30 PM
Typical Buck

Are the .010 durable? I asked someone about them today and they said something to the effect of them breaking over a period of time from the shock of shot after shot. I was thinking of getting the Hogg-it or the Hogg-it Hunter but just was not sure about what pin size to get. I am leaning toward the Hogg-it for 3D and some indoor shoots.
Old 12-07-2007, 05:31 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks guys. I ordered the sight and can't wait to get it in. It will be for my wifes bow and if I like what I see I will order the hunter model for myself later. I ordered her the regular hogg it with wrapped pins. This will be a much improved sight compared to what she has on her bow now. Thanks again.
Old 12-08-2007, 12:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

A simply amazing sight!!! I love mine! There isn't a brighter, higher quality sight in the industry! You can't go wriong with one.

Old 12-08-2007, 04:18 PM
Spike

I just got mine from Cabela's. Can't wait to install it!
Old 12-08-2007, 08:57 PM
Fork Horn

Hey Il-Cornfed what size pins do you have on yours??? Have you found that vertical wire getting in the way????

Quick Reply: SPOT HOGG SIGHT

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.