Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

blazer vanes ?

Old 12-03-2007, 03:40 PM
Spike

Default blazer vanes ?

i am currentley shooting traditional 4 inch feathers out of my switch back and am thinking of going to the little blazers that i see alot of guys shooting on tv for you guys that shoot them is there much difference between the two how well do they fly with broadheads at 40 yards thanks for the info
Old 12-03-2007, 04:26 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: blazer vanes ?

I dont shoot short high profiles just because on more than one occasion on long shots, I have had my arrows just held in by the fletching (i mean2 fingers to pull them out) I always figured high profile shorties would probably amplify that a little and that is a fairly significant amout of surface area for blood to clot to and fat to gather around and stop your bleeding. If i was going to switch right now, it would either be to FOBs or longer length quick spins. Now if you are a comp shooter rock the short quick spins...very little wind effect and they seem to fly great.
Old 12-03-2007, 04:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

I switched to blazers two years ago, and love them.

If the vanes are stopping an arrow from getting full penetration, I'll eat my hat![8D]SO if an arrow stopped before if reached the vanes, I guess it would be safe to blame, maybe lack of kinetic energy?
Old 12-03-2007, 06:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm using blazers on my Gold Tips (I'm also shooting a Switchback w/ WB rest) - love them. Group great. I actually switched over from quickspins last year - glad I made the switch... Like Howler said - the vanes aren't going to cause penetration problems....
Old 12-04-2007, 07:56 AM

I switched to blazers this year and love them. I'm shooting them through a WB rest. Great in a hunting set up, they seem to handle BH very well. Also they are approx. 9 grains lighter than 4" vanes so you'll gain a little bit of speed and FOC.
Old 12-04-2007, 09:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have shot Blazers and they fly great, but that said nothing beats feathers at controling an arrow, they do have some negatives although in my experience the positives far outweigh any of the negative. I hunted this year with the little Razr feathers and they worked great

Dan

Old 12-04-2007, 10:13 AM

I've been shooting Blazers for 3 years now, and last year I was shooting a fixed blade broadhead (Magnus Stinger) and could hit a 2" square at 70 yards. IMVHO, they work equally as well as feathers....They just don't fold up like a feather would if you hit a small branch or something.....They are quite rigid.
Old 12-04-2007, 10:47 AM

I've been shooting Blazers for 3 years now too and I love them. When I shot a lot of target feathers indoor and vanes outdoors. Vane always grouped better outdoor at longer yardages. The wind dose work on them like it dose feathers. For hunting vanes don't get wet are get out of shape like feathers. I don't care how much water repellent you use they will get wet. Vane don't make as much nose rubbing against things and as a rule quieter in fight that feathers. The drop away rest has made it a lot easier to shoot vanes with no contact on the rest.
Old 12-04-2007, 11:29 AM
Fork Horn

I'm another 3 year user of the Blazers. I love these babies, I get the same POI with field points as I do with broadheads. My hunting shots are limited to no more than 30 yards but I practice out to 50 yards.

Konk
Old 12-04-2007, 01:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

As most of the others have said....I too like the blazers and switched over to them about two years ago. Very, very durable.

Quick Reply: blazer vanes ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.